Stansted Airport Limited
London Stansted is London's third-busiest airport, currently serving around 22 million passengers a year. The airport is ideally located in between the global Tech and Life Science Hubs of London and Cambridge. Since the acquisition of London Stansted MAG has invested in improving the Terminal building. This investment has included the introduction of premium products like: Meet and Greet Parking, Fast Track security and a new business lounge.
|Address:||Enterprise House, Bassingbourn Road, Stansted|
|Membership type:||Corporate 51+ (£1,000+VAT pa)|
Stansted Facts And Figures
- 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Night quota restrictions apply during period 23:30 - 06:00
- Passengers per year: 22 million (July, 2015)
- Third-busiest airport in London; fourth-busiest in the UK
Airlines and aircraft movements
- Airlines: 12
- Air Transport Movements: 131,365 a year (March 2013)
- Destinations: over 170
- Countries served: 30
- Number of runways: 1
- Runway length: 3048m long by 46m wide
- Total retail space: 10,608 sqm
- Check-in capacity: 125 check-in desks
- Car parking spaces: 25,726
- Number of aircraft parking stands: up to 110
- Rail link to central London: Stansted Express, 47 minutes to London.
- 50% of passengers use public transport to travel to and from the airport (CAA data)
- £80 million redevelopment of the Terminal building (completed Oct, 2015)
- Economic contribution: £400 million a year
- Employs: 10,200 (1,316 are Stansted Airport Ltd employees)
- Cargo: Over 230,000 tonnes of air cargo (2014/15)
- First UK airport to hold both ISO14001 and OHSAS18001 standards
- Awarded Carbon Trust Standard
- Biomass boiler installed as part of £50million terminal extension, making development carbon neutral
- 57.2% of total airport waste was re-cycled in 2011.
- Targets: 0% waste direct to landfill and 60% recycled by 2015
Top international destinations (in order)
- Alicante (Spain)
- Malaga (Spain)
- Rome (Italy)
Top UK destinations (in order)
Most popular country
- 1991 on site of former airport
Owned and operated by
- Manchester Airports Group
Ryanair has announced a new growth deal with Manchester Airports Group (MAG) which will deliver nine new London Stansted routes, including a daily service to Naples and a three times daily service to Copenhagen.
13 January 2017Read in full
London Stansted Airport completed a record-breaking 2016 with its busiest ever December as the great Christmas getaway and record high aircraft load factors boosted passenger numbers during the month.
12 January 2017Read in full
London Stansted Airport has unveiled plans for a new £130 million arrivals building to significantly improve the passenger experience. The building is the latest phase in the multi-million pound transformation programme by MAG to support future growth at the airport and attract new passengers and airlines.
16 December 2016Read in full
London Stansted has passed two more major milestones as the airport set a new annual passenger record and experienced its busiest ever month of October.
11 November 2016Read in full
Jet2.com and Jet2holidays are continuing to expand their operations and build on their recent London Stansted Airport launch, with the launch of their first ever full winter flights and holidays programme for 2017/18, including brand new ski routes – Geneva and Salzburg.
27 October 2016Read in full
London Stansted Airport’s CEO, Andrew Cowan, said: “Today's announcement highlights the important role that aviation plays in connecting Britain to the world.
25 October 2016Read in full
Leading leisure airline and package holiday specialist, Jet2.com and Jet2holidays, are marking a major step on their ongoing expansion with the launch of flights and holidays from London Stansted Airport, their ninth UK airport base and first in the South of England.
21 September 2016Read in full
London Stansted Airport welcomed 2.5 million passengers during August, its busiest month for nine years.
13 September 2016Read in full