Consultant in Communications Systems
You will have the opportunity to develop leading edge communications technologies and devices and help create new business, in a wide range of markets such as medical devices, satellite communications, and the Internet of Things. You will be able to work with customers ranging from global blue chips to regulators such as Ofcom and ambitious start-ups.
Developing breakthrough products requires deep insight, creativity and engineering excellence as well as a strong appreciation for commercial factors such as cost. At TTP, you will often work at the edge of what is technically achievable and apply your knowledge in unusual and creative ways.
TTP values ambition, leadership, technical excellence and great communication and provides a fantastic environment for you to be in control of your career. You can be involved in an exciting range of projects and client engagements, helping you expand your skills and interests in areas such as business development, project leadership, emerging technologies, and involvement in the many markets in which we and our customers operate.
Qualifications and Training
- A 1st or Upper 2nd first degree or higher from a leading university in electrical/electronic, systems or software engineering, or computer science with a strong systems element
- Candidates with equivalent qualifications in other scientific disciplines who can demonstrate hands-on experience in communications systems are also welcome to apply.
Skills and Experience
- Strong grounding in the theory and practice of contemporary telecommunications systems such the Internet or cellular networks
- Fluent in software programming in C and C++
- Ability to manage and build relationships with customers
- Ability to communicate technical concepts and the value of your work clearly and confidently
- A desire to develop new skills and to take increasing responsibilities.
For a senior role, candidates should have:
- Hands-on experience architecting systems and designing and developing systems software, middleware or applications
- Professional experience that demonstrates an ability to lead and a drive to succeed.
Successful candidates are also likely to have experience in several of the following areas
- Strong understanding of the fundamentals of software and systems engineering, and appreciation of best practice
- Appreciation of the architectures and capabilities of contemporary and legacy communications systems
- Usability engineering, human factors or interface design
- A range of platforms and OSs, such as Windows, Linux, and RTOS
- Full product lifecycle, ideally from including requirements capture, design, development, documentation, test, and delivery to support into production
- Performance measurement, analysis and optimisation
- Working with or preferably implementing communications systems such as Internet or IoT protocols, Bluetooth, cellular, Wi-Fi, satellite, LPWAN, or proprietary systems
- Designing, modelling and developing protocols or communications standards, and regulatory compliance
- Architecting and working with databases (e.g. SQL), web and other Internet technologies
- Security technologies and cryptography
- Advanced contemporary systems techniques such as device management, rapid app development, NoSQL, clustering, virtualisation, PaaS/SaaS, distributed systems, analytics & “big data”
- Project management and team leadership
- Building, making or designing things in your spare time.
To apply for this vacancy please submit your CV – which should give examples from your experience showing that you have the required skills – stating the reference number above