Finance Assistant - Part - Time
We have an opening for a Finance Assistant, to join our friendly team on a 9 - 12 month fixed term contract basis. This is a part time role - we can be flexible when it comes to hours worked.
Reporting to the CFO you will be the primary support for the daily finance functions of the team and will be responsible for ensuring an efficient and accurate finance function is maintained.
General finance duties include:
- Month-end and associated tasks including journal entry, and taking accounts up to Trial Balance level
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts including accruals and prepayments
- Providing ad-hoc analysis and supporting CFO as required
Responsibility for debtors / creditors management:
- Raise invoices & credits for customers on Sage.
- Receive customer receipts into Sage
- Liaising with members regarding payment queries and management of credit control
- Enter supplier invoices and pay suppliers on time via online banking.
- Liaising with suppliers and dealing with queries
- Preparation, submission and payment of quarterly VAT returns.
- To complete year end & liaise with auditors (we are audited yearly)
- Bank / credit card / petty cash reconciliations.
- Worldpay reconciliations.
- Dealing with communications from and to Banks.
- Preparation of inputs for staff payroll once a month (outsourced) and checking of reports.
- Keeping personnel records and dealing with certain personnel requests regarding pensions/salaries.
- Checking and payment of employee expense claims
- Monthly input of pension information
- Keeping records of Fixed Asset information
Software Packages Used
- Sage Accounts Professional 2014
- Repeat Billing (an add on package to Sage, experience of package not necessary)
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Outsource our credit card payments to Worldpay (experience of package not necessary)
- Civi CRM
The person should be able to work under pressure and manage the day to day duties of a small accounting team primarily supporting the CFO.
Work on their own initiative and manage their own tasks keeping the finance team updated at all times.
Experience of working with Sage is a necessity as is experience of working in a book keeping role. Some experience of running accounts to trial balance is preferable.
Experience is not necessary for the Repeat Billing/Worldpay packages as training can be given.