Principle Software Engineer
This position is for an experienced C/C++ software engineer to work on our product range as part of a small team (of three engineers); in particular on our Auraia and Bellissima products. Prior experience developing printing, screening or imaging products would be good but is not essential.
Good (but not necessarily advanced) math skills are required, as is an understanding of basic mechanical physics (understanding how ink flows (or sticks to printing plates) is useful!).
As well as s/w development, working with litho / flexo printers to investigate and develop solutions to printing/press problems is key, so the work will also involve some travel at times to various (test) print sites.
Knowledge of the printing industry would be useful, particularly related to flexographic (labels and flexibles) and litho-offset (newspaper, commercial sheet-fed and commercial heat-set (web)) printing.
Primary areas of responsiblity:
- Contribute significantly to development of our screening products (Auraia/Bellissima).
- Maintenance of existing (FirstPROOF and Lightning TIFF/PDF/LEN) products.
- Development of new products (on Mac/PC).
Other areas of responsiblity:
- Work with Beta sites to run tests, etc...
- Work with Beta sites to develop ideas, etc...
- Degree in Computer Science, Maths, Physics or Software Engineering (1/2.1).
- 10+ years experience in s/w engineering.
- 10+ years experience of C; some C++ preferable.