Cambridge Network is a membership organisation based in the vibrant high technology cluster of Cambridge, UK. We bring people together - from business and academia - to meet and share ideas, encouraging collaboration and partnership for shared success.
Cambridge ideas have changed the world and will continue to change the world. The mission at Cambridge Network is simple – to encourage collaboration for shared success.
We help raise Cambridge’s game, to compete on the world stage, by:
- Fostering closer relationships and sharing ideas between businesses, academia and individuals through a calendar of Member events
- Facilitating peer learning groups and sharing high quality training through our Learning Collaboration
- Connecting people and companies for research and partnering through our knowledge of local expertise and our comprehensive member Directory
- Enabling members to find and attract quality candidates to work in Cambridge, through our high profile jobs board Recruitment Gateway
- Facilitating co-operation, action and resource sharing by being a focal point for organisations in the Cambridge region.
Deliberately mixing sectors and ideas, Cambridge Network has been the trigger for many productive relationships as business in the region has grown.
“Cambridge Network is a key resource for organisations in the region. We make connections to help high-skill businesses grow and develop. We do this through a number of very practical and streamlined programmes including training and recruitment, and more generally by providing access to mentors, investors and inspiring speakers. Whatever businesses need as they start and then begin the scale-up journey, we can help.”
Dr Andy Harter (Founder and CEO, RealVNC), Chair of Cambridge Network
The Cambridge Network was founded in late 1997 by an influential group comprising the then Vice-Chancellor of the University of Cambridge, now Lord Broers, with businessmen and entrepreneurs Hermann Hauser, David Cleevely, Nigel Brown, Fred Hallsworth and Anthony Ross then head of 3i Cambridge.
The Cambridge Network celebrates its 21st birthday this year, proving its success as one of the world’s most effective and best-established business networking organisations. >>Read more