Corporate Wellbeing Showcase (a Cambridge Network event)
A recent Government report ‘Thriving at Work’, highlighted that 15% of workers have a mental health condition and 300k people with long-term mental health problems lose their jobs each year, leaving a big impact on the economy and well as the workers affected. Cambridge Network, with partners and supporters, is holding this event for HR Managers and practitioners, and indeed anyone involved in line managing staff, to learn more about workplace health, including mental health, on 10th October - World Mental Health Day.
Our keynote speaker will be Prof Dame Carol Black, DBE, FRCP, FMedSci, Principal of Newnham College, who will set the context and stress the importance of recognising mental health in the workplace. Prof Black was appointed Principal of Newnham in September 2012. She is a past-President of the Royal College of Physicians, of the Academy of Medical Royal Colleges, and of the British Lung Foundation, and has chaired the UK Health Honours Committee. She was interviewed in the University’s recent Research Horizons magazine which focussed on ‘work’, highlighting that training of line managers to identify and support workers with mental health issues was of significant importance.
Our line up of speakers continues with:
- The lifecycle of sustainable wellbeing development (Jacqui Kemp & David Lynch, Your People Potential)
- How Redgate Software is supporting wellbeing at work (Nina Griffey, Redgate Software)
- Sustaining healthy behaviour in the workplace, Sheila McDerment, MC Works
- The need for a strategic approach to mental health related training in the workplace, Ruth Brown, CPSL Mind
- Financial Wellbeing in the Workforce, Kevin Brown, Caroline Pepper, Graham Sibley, NW Brown
Over the morning find out how to:
- Make a strong business case for strategic wellbeing policy and practice
- Promote the dissemination of effective wellbeing development in the workplace
- Try different approaches to wellbeing promotion in the form of short taster sessions /exhibitor demonstrations (to be confirmed)
There will also be a wide range of relevant exhibitors at the event for attendees to meet.
Members: Anyone may attend free of charge. Please log in first using the link at the top of the page. You will be then able to register by returning to this event and clicking Book Now!
A big thank you to our key sponsors The One Group for working with us on this event and introducing us to some excellent speakers. To Your People Potential and to MC Works for the initial suggestion and input and to all our speakers for taking part. Thank you!
105 Eddington Place
Cambridge, Cambridgeshire CB3 1AS-CB3 1AS