London Stansted is London's third-busiest airport, currently serving around 22 million passengers a year. The airport is ideally located in between the global tech and life science hubs of London and Cambridge.
|Telephone:||0800 093 7851|
|Address:||Enterprise House, Bassingbourn Road, Stansted|
|Membership type:||Founder Member|
Since the acquisition of London Stansted MAG has invested in improving the Terminal building. This investment has included the introduction of premium products like: Meet and Greet Parking, Fast Track security and a new business lounge.
Stansted Facts And Figures
- 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Night quota restrictions apply during period 23:30 - 06:00
- Passengers per year: 22 million (July, 2015)
- Third-busiest airport in London; fourth-busiest in the UK
Airlines and aircraft movements
- Airlines: 12
- Air Transport Movements: 131,365 a year (March 2013)
- Destinations: over 170
- Countries served: 30
- Number of runways: 1
- Runway length: 3048m long by 46m wide
- Total retail space: 10,608 sqm
- Check-in capacity: 125 check-in desks
- Car parking spaces: 25,726
- Number of aircraft parking stands: up to 110
- Rail link to central London: Stansted Express, 47 minutes to London.
- 50% of passengers use public transport to travel to and from the airport (CAA data)
- £80 million redevelopment of the Terminal building (completed Oct, 2015)
- Economic contribution: £400 million a year
- Employs: 10,200 (1,316 are Stansted Airport Ltd employees)
- Cargo: Over 230,000 tonnes of air cargo (2014/15)
- First UK airport to hold both ISO14001 and OHSAS18001 standards
- Awarded Carbon Trust Standard
- Biomass boiler installed as part of £50million terminal extension, making development carbon neutral
- 57.2% of total airport waste was re-cycled in 2011.
- Targets: 0% waste direct to landfill and 60% recycled by 2015
Top international destinations (in order)
- Alicante (Spain)
- Malaga (Spain)
- Rome (Italy)
Top UK destinations (in order)
Most popular country
- 1991 on site of former airport
Owned and operated by
- Manchester Airports Group
London Stansted Airport is handing out more than 3000 silver birch saplings from this week, to celebrate its Biodiversity Week (18-22 March) and highlight some of the environmental work which happens year-round.
19 March 2019Read in full
London Stansted saw over 1.87 million passengers pass through the airport in February, an increase of 8.2 per cent over the same month in 2018.
14 March 2019Read in full
Emirates has announced the launch of a second daily flight from Dubai (DXB) to London Stansted (STN) starting 1 July, 2019.
13 March 2019Read in full
London Stansted Airport has revealed stylish new passenger seating and created three brand new seating areas in its busy Departure Lounge, which has increased capacity by 40 per cent.
22 February 2019Read in full
London Stansted’s strong passenger growth of 2018 continued into the new year as a record breaking 1.9 million passengers passed through the terminal during its busiest ever January, an increase of 7.3 per cent over the same month last year.
13 February 2019Read in full
London Stansted Airport recorded its busiest ever year as it welcomed over 28 million passengers in 2018, an increase of 2.1 million passengers and 8.1 per cent over the previous 12 months.
16 January 2019Read in full
London Stansted, which has appointed Mace as the main contractor for the construction of its new £150 million arrivals terminal, has created a fly-through animation to show what the airport's transformation will eventually look like.
11 January 2019Read in full
Stansted Airport College has been officially opened at a ceremony led by Robert Halfon MP, Chair of Education Select Committee and London Stansted CEO Ken O’Toole.
18 December 2018Read in full
A record breaking 1.98 million passengers passed through London Stansted in November, up 8.7 per cent on 2017, ahead of what is expected to be the airport’s busiest ever festive season.
13 December 2018Read in full