London Stansted is London's third-busiest airport, currently serving around 22 million passengers a year. The airport is ideally located in between the global tech and life science hubs of London and Cambridge.
|Telephone:||0800 093 7851|
|Address:||Enterprise House, Bassingbourn Road, Stansted|
|Membership type:||Corporate 51+ (£1,000+VAT pa)|
Since the acquisition of London Stansted MAG has invested in improving the Terminal building. This investment has included the introduction of premium products like: Meet and Greet Parking, Fast Track security and a new business lounge.
Stansted Facts And Figures
- 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Night quota restrictions apply during period 23:30 - 06:00
- Passengers per year: 22 million (July, 2015)
- Third-busiest airport in London; fourth-busiest in the UK
Airlines and aircraft movements
- Airlines: 12
- Air Transport Movements: 131,365 a year (March 2013)
- Destinations: over 170
- Countries served: 30
- Number of runways: 1
- Runway length: 3048m long by 46m wide
- Total retail space: 10,608 sqm
- Check-in capacity: 125 check-in desks
- Car parking spaces: 25,726
- Number of aircraft parking stands: up to 110
- Rail link to central London: Stansted Express, 47 minutes to London.
- 50% of passengers use public transport to travel to and from the airport (CAA data)
- £80 million redevelopment of the Terminal building (completed Oct, 2015)
- Economic contribution: £400 million a year
- Employs: 10,200 (1,316 are Stansted Airport Ltd employees)
- Cargo: Over 230,000 tonnes of air cargo (2014/15)
- First UK airport to hold both ISO14001 and OHSAS18001 standards
- Awarded Carbon Trust Standard
- Biomass boiler installed as part of £50million terminal extension, making development carbon neutral
- 57.2% of total airport waste was re-cycled in 2011.
- Targets: 0% waste direct to landfill and 60% recycled by 2015
Top international destinations (in order)
- Alicante (Spain)
- Malaga (Spain)
- Rome (Italy)
Top UK destinations (in order)
Most popular country
- 1991 on site of former airport
Owned and operated by
- Manchester Airports Group
Turkish Airlines is the latest major airline to join London Stansted Airport’s growing cargo operation when it begins new services to Istanbul today (Thursday).
29 October 2015Read in full
A career in the cockpit or the chance to work in Stansted’s recently transformed iconic terminal will be up for grabs this week, including over 50 pilot and cabin crew opportunities with leading air charter services airline, Titan Airways, at a record breaking Stansted Airport jobs fair.
20 October 2015Read in full
Stansted Airport has topped 22 million passengers a year for the first time in over six years - and just eight months since passing the 20 million a year milestone - as the total number of passengers passing through the terminal increased by 15.8% in the past 12 months.
13 October 2015Read in full
Figures released by Stansted Airport’s parent company, Manchester Airports Group (MAG), show that the Group has increased the value its airports generate for the UK and for the communities in which they operate, while significantly reducing their environmental impact.
8 October 2015Read in full
Stansted Airport today unveiled the exciting line up of global brands, returning favourites and new concepts that have secured a place in the final retail phase of the £80million terminal transformation to provide passengers with a greater range of tax-free accessory and fashion options from popular high street brands, designer labels to premium luxury.
22 September 2015Read in full
Stansted Airport has today launched a public consultation on an innovative new take-off procedure that will reduce the effects of aircraft noise for over 4,000 people living near the airport.
2 September 2015Read in full