London Stansted is London's third-busiest airport, currently serving around 22 million passengers a year. The airport is ideally located in between the global tech and life science hubs of London and Cambridge.
|Telephone:||0800 093 7851|
|Address:||Enterprise House, Bassingbourn Road, Stansted|
|Membership type:||Corporate 51+ (£1,000+VAT pa)|
Since the acquisition of London Stansted MAG has invested in improving the Terminal building. This investment has included the introduction of premium products like: Meet and Greet Parking, Fast Track security and a new business lounge.
Stansted Facts And Figures
- 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Night quota restrictions apply during period 23:30 - 06:00
- Passengers per year: 22 million (July, 2015)
- Third-busiest airport in London; fourth-busiest in the UK
Airlines and aircraft movements
- Airlines: 12
- Air Transport Movements: 131,365 a year (March 2013)
- Destinations: over 170
- Countries served: 30
- Number of runways: 1
- Runway length: 3048m long by 46m wide
- Total retail space: 10,608 sqm
- Check-in capacity: 125 check-in desks
- Car parking spaces: 25,726
- Number of aircraft parking stands: up to 110
- Rail link to central London: Stansted Express, 47 minutes to London.
- 50% of passengers use public transport to travel to and from the airport (CAA data)
- £80 million redevelopment of the Terminal building (completed Oct, 2015)
- Economic contribution: £400 million a year
- Employs: 10,200 (1,316 are Stansted Airport Ltd employees)
- Cargo: Over 230,000 tonnes of air cargo (2014/15)
- First UK airport to hold both ISO14001 and OHSAS18001 standards
- Awarded Carbon Trust Standard
- Biomass boiler installed as part of £50million terminal extension, making development carbon neutral
- 57.2% of total airport waste was re-cycled in 2011.
- Targets: 0% waste direct to landfill and 60% recycled by 2015
Top international destinations (in order)
- Alicante (Spain)
- Malaga (Spain)
- Rome (Italy)
Top UK destinations (in order)
Most popular country
- 1991 on site of former airport
Owned and operated by
- Manchester Airports Group
Transport Select Committee member, Jim Fitzpatrick MP, visited Stansted Airport this week on a fact-finding trip as part of his Industry and Parliament Trust (IPT) Fellowship - the charity that works to promote mutual understanding between Parliament and business.
21 February 2014Read in full
Stansted plays a vital role in maintaining international connectivity and is now fulfilling its potential under the ownership of M.A.G said the Aviation Minister, Robert Goodwill MP, at the House of Commons yesterday (February 12, 2014).
13 February 2014Read in full
Stansted has today launched its ‘Fly Stansted’ campaign to highlight that it is the European airport for London with over 150 direct scheduled connections available on its route network, more than any other airport in the UK.
12 February 2014Read in full