London Stansted is London's third-busiest airport, currently serving around 22 million passengers a year. The airport is ideally located in between the global tech and life science hubs of London and Cambridge.
|Telephone:||0800 093 7851|
|Address:||Enterprise House, Bassingbourn Road, Stansted|
|Membership type:||Corporate 51+ (£1,000+VAT pa)|
Since the acquisition of London Stansted MAG has invested in improving the Terminal building. This investment has included the introduction of premium products like: Meet and Greet Parking, Fast Track security and a new business lounge.
Stansted Facts And Figures
- 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Night quota restrictions apply during period 23:30 - 06:00
- Passengers per year: 22 million (July, 2015)
- Third-busiest airport in London; fourth-busiest in the UK
Airlines and aircraft movements
- Airlines: 12
- Air Transport Movements: 131,365 a year (March 2013)
- Destinations: over 170
- Countries served: 30
- Number of runways: 1
- Runway length: 3048m long by 46m wide
- Total retail space: 10,608 sqm
- Check-in capacity: 125 check-in desks
- Car parking spaces: 25,726
- Number of aircraft parking stands: up to 110
- Rail link to central London: Stansted Express, 47 minutes to London.
- 50% of passengers use public transport to travel to and from the airport (CAA data)
- £80 million redevelopment of the Terminal building (completed Oct, 2015)
- Economic contribution: £400 million a year
- Employs: 10,200 (1,316 are Stansted Airport Ltd employees)
- Cargo: Over 230,000 tonnes of air cargo (2014/15)
- First UK airport to hold both ISO14001 and OHSAS18001 standards
- Awarded Carbon Trust Standard
- Biomass boiler installed as part of £50million terminal extension, making development carbon neutral
- 57.2% of total airport waste was re-cycled in 2011.
- Targets: 0% waste direct to landfill and 60% recycled by 2015
Top international destinations (in order)
- Alicante (Spain)
- Malaga (Spain)
- Rome (Italy)
Top UK destinations (in order)
Most popular country
- 1991 on site of former airport
Owned and operated by
- Manchester Airports Group
London Stansted welcomed over 1.98 million passengers during March, an increase of 5.8 per cent or 109,000 over the corresponding month last year and the busiest ever March at the airport, beating the previous high set in 2016.
11 April 2018Read in full
London Stansted is set to be the fastest growing airport serving the capital in 2018, with over 10.8 million airline seats available across the most extensive summer schedule offered at the airport.
27 March 2018Read in full
London Stansted last week welcomed Aviation Minister Baroness Sugg to view progress on the first phase of the airport’s £600 million investment programme, the centrepiece of a growth plan that will ensure that over the next decade the airport can play a critical role in improving global connectivity for London and the eastern region.
19 March 2018Read in full
London Stansted has reached another significant milestone as it welcomed over 26 million passengers to the airport in the past year.
12 March 2018Read in full
London Stansted’s five years of successful passenger growth under MAG ownership and its plans to and transform the door to door passenger experience were the focus of this year’s annual Stansted Area Transport Forum conference.
9 March 2018Read in full
London Stansted Airport is celebrating a strong start to the year, with more than 1.8 million passengers travelling through the terminal during the airport’s busiest ever January.
12 February 2018Read in full
Primera Air has announced that it will launch five direct flights a week from London Stansted to Washington Dulles from 22 August 2018.
1 February 2018Read in full
Emirates today announced that it is to launch a new daily route from London Stansted (STN) to Dubai (DXB) on 8 June 2018. With its strategic position close to the tech and pharma hubs of Cambridge and Peterborough, Emirates will be the first Middle Eastern airline to operate out of the popular North East London airport.
20 December 2017Read in full
London Stansted Airport’s winter flying schedule is off to a strong start, with record November passenger numbers passing through the airport.
12 December 2017Read in full