London Stansted is London's third-busiest airport, currently serving around 22 million passengers a year. The airport is ideally located in between the global tech and life science hubs of London and Cambridge.
|Telephone:||0800 093 7851|
|Address:||Enterprise House, Bassingbourn Road, Stansted|
|Membership type:||Founder Member|
Since the acquisition of London Stansted MAG has invested in improving the Terminal building. This investment has included the introduction of premium products like: Meet and Greet Parking, Fast Track security and a new business lounge.
Stansted Facts And Figures
- 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Night quota restrictions apply during period 23:30 - 06:00
- Passengers per year: 22 million (July, 2015)
- Third-busiest airport in London; fourth-busiest in the UK
Airlines and aircraft movements
- Airlines: 12
- Air Transport Movements: 131,365 a year (March 2013)
- Destinations: over 170
- Countries served: 30
- Number of runways: 1
- Runway length: 3048m long by 46m wide
- Total retail space: 10,608 sqm
- Check-in capacity: 125 check-in desks
- Car parking spaces: 25,726
- Number of aircraft parking stands: up to 110
- Rail link to central London: Stansted Express, 47 minutes to London.
- 50% of passengers use public transport to travel to and from the airport (CAA data)
- £80 million redevelopment of the Terminal building (completed Oct, 2015)
- Economic contribution: £400 million a year
- Employs: 10,200 (1,316 are Stansted Airport Ltd employees)
- Cargo: Over 230,000 tonnes of air cargo (2014/15)
- First UK airport to hold both ISO14001 and OHSAS18001 standards
- Awarded Carbon Trust Standard
- Biomass boiler installed as part of £50million terminal extension, making development carbon neutral
- 57.2% of total airport waste was re-cycled in 2011.
- Targets: 0% waste direct to landfill and 60% recycled by 2015
Top international destinations (in order)
- Alicante (Spain)
- Malaga (Spain)
- Rome (Italy)
Top UK destinations (in order)
Most popular country
- 1991 on site of former airport
Owned and operated by
- Manchester Airports Group
The launch of more long-haul routes from Stansted Airport helped boost passenger numbers to new record levels as London’s fastest growing airport welcomed over 2.5 million passengers during its busiest ever May.
12 June 2018Read in full
London Stansted Airport representatives, business leaders and local politicians have met to begin talks on creating a new partnership between the region and China to help secure a direct Chinese air link and foster new trade and investment opportunities in the East of England.
21 May 2018Read in full
London Stansted Airport’s flagship community project, the Aerozone education centre, celebrated welcoming its 10,000 visitor with a special party event for local schoolchildren this week.
17 May 2018Read in full
London Stansted Airport saw record numbers of passengers travelling last month in its busiest ever April. More than 2.3 million passengers used the airport, which is an 8.1% increase on last year, the previous record for the same month.
14 May 2018Read in full
The brand-new Stansted Airport College is celebrating its 250th confirmed trainee, as construction work on the site intensifies ahead of the planned opening this September.
10 May 2018Read in full
WOW air’s inaugural flight from London Stansted Airport took off this week (Wednesday 25 April), connecting with the low-cost airline’s new long haul route to Detroit.
27 April 2018Read in full
London Stansted welcomed over 1.98 million passengers during March, an increase of 5.8 per cent or 109,000 over the corresponding month last year and the busiest ever March at the airport, beating the previous high set in 2016.
11 April 2018Read in full
London Stansted is set to be the fastest growing airport serving the capital in 2018, with over 10.8 million airline seats available across the most extensive summer schedule offered at the airport.
27 March 2018Read in full
London Stansted last week welcomed Aviation Minister Baroness Sugg to view progress on the first phase of the airport’s £600 million investment programme, the centrepiece of a growth plan that will ensure that over the next decade the airport can play a critical role in improving global connectivity for London and the eastern region.
19 March 2018Read in full