London Stansted is London's third-busiest airport, currently serving around 22 million passengers a year. The airport is ideally located in between the global tech and life science hubs of London and Cambridge.
|Telephone:||0800 093 7851|
|Address:||Enterprise House, Bassingbourn Road, Stansted|
|Membership type:||Founder Member|
Since the acquisition of London Stansted MAG has invested in improving the Terminal building. This investment has included the introduction of premium products like: Meet and Greet Parking, Fast Track security and a new business lounge.
Stansted Facts And Figures
- 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Night quota restrictions apply during period 23:30 - 06:00
- Passengers per year: 22 million (July, 2015)
- Third-busiest airport in London; fourth-busiest in the UK
Airlines and aircraft movements
- Airlines: 12
- Air Transport Movements: 131,365 a year (March 2013)
- Destinations: over 170
- Countries served: 30
- Number of runways: 1
- Runway length: 3048m long by 46m wide
- Total retail space: 10,608 sqm
- Check-in capacity: 125 check-in desks
- Car parking spaces: 25,726
- Number of aircraft parking stands: up to 110
- Rail link to central London: Stansted Express, 47 minutes to London.
- 50% of passengers use public transport to travel to and from the airport (CAA data)
- £80 million redevelopment of the Terminal building (completed Oct, 2015)
- Economic contribution: £400 million a year
- Employs: 10,200 (1,316 are Stansted Airport Ltd employees)
- Cargo: Over 230,000 tonnes of air cargo (2014/15)
- First UK airport to hold both ISO14001 and OHSAS18001 standards
- Awarded Carbon Trust Standard
- Biomass boiler installed as part of £50million terminal extension, making development carbon neutral
- 57.2% of total airport waste was re-cycled in 2011.
- Targets: 0% waste direct to landfill and 60% recycled by 2015
Top international destinations (in order)
- Alicante (Spain)
- Malaga (Spain)
- Rome (Italy)
Top UK destinations (in order)
Most popular country
- 1991 on site of former airport
Owned and operated by
- Manchester Airports Group
London Stansted has reached another significant milestone as it welcomed over 26 million passengers to the airport in the past year.
12 March 2018Read in full
London Stansted’s five years of successful passenger growth under MAG ownership and its plans to and transform the door to door passenger experience were the focus of this year’s annual Stansted Area Transport Forum conference.
9 March 2018Read in full
London Stansted Airport is celebrating a strong start to the year, with more than 1.8 million passengers travelling through the terminal during the airport’s busiest ever January.
12 February 2018Read in full
Primera Air has announced that it will launch five direct flights a week from London Stansted to Washington Dulles from 22 August 2018.
1 February 2018Read in full
Emirates today announced that it is to launch a new daily route from London Stansted (STN) to Dubai (DXB) on 8 June 2018. With its strategic position close to the tech and pharma hubs of Cambridge and Peterborough, Emirates will be the first Middle Eastern airline to operate out of the popular North East London airport.
20 December 2017Read in full
London Stansted Airport’s winter flying schedule is off to a strong start, with record November passenger numbers passing through the airport.
12 December 2017Read in full
The Minister of State for Climate Change and Industry, Claire Perry MP, was at London Stansted Airport yesterday (Monday) to see the start of the construction phase of the new on-site technical college and to also launch the Government’s Industrial Strategy.
28 November 2017Read in full
London Stansted yesterday (Weds) welcomed the Shadow Transport Secretary, Andy McDonald MP, and Shadow Aviation Minister, Karl Turner MP, to see how the airport is planning to make best use of its existing runway capacity and improve the UK’s global connectivity over the next decade.
16 November 2017Read in full
The half-term holidays and the final weeks of the airlines’ summer timetable boosted passenger traffic at London Stansted Airport as a record number of people took to the skies during October.
14 November 2017Read in full