London Stansted is London's third-busiest airport, currently serving around 22 million passengers a year. The airport is ideally located in between the global tech and life science hubs of London and Cambridge.
|Telephone:||0800 093 7851|
|Address:||Enterprise House, Bassingbourn Road, Stansted|
|Membership type:||Founder Member|
Since the acquisition of London Stansted MAG has invested in improving the Terminal building. This investment has included the introduction of premium products like: Meet and Greet Parking, Fast Track security and a new business lounge.
Stansted Facts And Figures
- 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Night quota restrictions apply during period 23:30 - 06:00
- Passengers per year: 22 million (July, 2015)
- Third-busiest airport in London; fourth-busiest in the UK
Airlines and aircraft movements
- Airlines: 12
- Air Transport Movements: 131,365 a year (March 2013)
- Destinations: over 170
- Countries served: 30
- Number of runways: 1
- Runway length: 3048m long by 46m wide
- Total retail space: 10,608 sqm
- Check-in capacity: 125 check-in desks
- Car parking spaces: 25,726
- Number of aircraft parking stands: up to 110
- Rail link to central London: Stansted Express, 47 minutes to London.
- 50% of passengers use public transport to travel to and from the airport (CAA data)
- £80 million redevelopment of the Terminal building (completed Oct, 2015)
- Economic contribution: £400 million a year
- Employs: 10,200 (1,316 are Stansted Airport Ltd employees)
- Cargo: Over 230,000 tonnes of air cargo (2014/15)
- First UK airport to hold both ISO14001 and OHSAS18001 standards
- Awarded Carbon Trust Standard
- Biomass boiler installed as part of £50million terminal extension, making development carbon neutral
- 57.2% of total airport waste was re-cycled in 2011.
- Targets: 0% waste direct to landfill and 60% recycled by 2015
Top international destinations (in order)
- Alicante (Spain)
- Malaga (Spain)
- Rome (Italy)
Top UK destinations (in order)
Most popular country
- 1991 on site of former airport
Owned and operated by
- Manchester Airports Group
London Stansted Airport is to host a number of community feedback events in the coming weeks to update local residents about its revised proposals for future growth over the next decade within current flight and environmental limits.
3 November 2017Read in full
London Stansted Airport’s 17th annual Meet the Buyers event welcomed nearly 300 businesses from across the East of England and London, all eager to showcase their products and services and potentially secure new business deals with some of the region’s biggest organisations.
3 November 2017Read in full
Air Corsica is to launch its first ever UK service when it begins flying from London Stansted Airport in summer 2018 to the popular Mediterranean holiday Island.
27 October 2017Read in full
Primera Air is to launch a third transatlantic route from its new base at London Stansted with direct flights to the Canadian city of Toronto from June 2018.
25 October 2017Read in full
In association with one of its carriers, AtlasGlobal, Stansted Airport is offering business travellers the opportunity to take part in an Unlimited Flight Package.
24 October 2017Read in full
The CEO of new long-haul airline, Primera Air, was in Cambridge today talking to senior executives and political leaders about the airline’s exciting and innovative new services to the USA from London Stansted that launch in April 2018.
21 September 2017Read in full
London Stansted’s new CEO, Ken O’Toole, has called on the Government to put in place a national aviation strategy that not only supports airports to grow but ensures the spare capacity available today is used to generate the biggest positive impact for consumers and the economy.
15 September 2017Read in full