London Stansted is London's third-busiest airport, currently serving around 22 million passengers a year. The airport is ideally located in between the global tech and life science hubs of London and Cambridge.
|Telephone:||0800 093 7851|
|Address:||Enterprise House, Bassingbourn Road, Stansted|
|Membership type:||Corporate 51+ (£1,000+VAT pa)|
Since the acquisition of London Stansted MAG has invested in improving the Terminal building. This investment has included the introduction of premium products like: Meet and Greet Parking, Fast Track security and a new business lounge.
Stansted Facts And Figures
- 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Night quota restrictions apply during period 23:30 - 06:00
- Passengers per year: 22 million (July, 2015)
- Third-busiest airport in London; fourth-busiest in the UK
Airlines and aircraft movements
- Airlines: 12
- Air Transport Movements: 131,365 a year (March 2013)
- Destinations: over 170
- Countries served: 30
- Number of runways: 1
- Runway length: 3048m long by 46m wide
- Total retail space: 10,608 sqm
- Check-in capacity: 125 check-in desks
- Car parking spaces: 25,726
- Number of aircraft parking stands: up to 110
- Rail link to central London: Stansted Express, 47 minutes to London.
- 50% of passengers use public transport to travel to and from the airport (CAA data)
- £80 million redevelopment of the Terminal building (completed Oct, 2015)
- Economic contribution: £400 million a year
- Employs: 10,200 (1,316 are Stansted Airport Ltd employees)
- Cargo: Over 230,000 tonnes of air cargo (2014/15)
- First UK airport to hold both ISO14001 and OHSAS18001 standards
- Awarded Carbon Trust Standard
- Biomass boiler installed as part of £50million terminal extension, making development carbon neutral
- 57.2% of total airport waste was re-cycled in 2011.
- Targets: 0% waste direct to landfill and 60% recycled by 2015
Top international destinations (in order)
- Alicante (Spain)
- Malaga (Spain)
- Rome (Italy)
Top UK destinations (in order)
Most popular country
- 1991 on site of former airport
Owned and operated by
- Manchester Airports Group
London Stansted saw nearly 2.3 million passengers pass through the airport during May to set a new record high for the month, an increase of 7% over the same month in 2016 and beating the previous monthly high set just last year.
13 June 2017Read in full
London Stansted’s latest jobs fair takes off this week as nearly 50 airport companies showcase the hundreds of exciting career opportunities on offer across the UK’s fourth busiest airport.
23 May 2017Read in full
London Stansted welcomed over 2.1 million passengers to the airport during its busiest ever April, an increase of 11% over the same month in 2016 and passing the previous high for the month set in 2006.
12 May 2017Read in full
London Stansted and Harlow College have submitted a planning application to build a new technical skills college at the airport – the first of its kind at any airport in the country.
11 May 2017Read in full
London Stansted saw nearly 1.9 million passengers pass through the airport in March 2017.
12 April 2017Read in full
London Stansted Airport has received planning permission from Uttlesford District Council for a new £130 million arrivals building that will enhance the passenger experience and provide capacity for growth over the next decade.
6 April 2017Read in full
London Stansted Airport is celebrating National Apprenticeship Week by welcoming its latest intake of new trainees.
8 March 2017Read in full
London Stansted made a flying start to 2017 by recording the Airport’s busiest ever January.
13 February 2017Read in full
A new Technical and Professional Skills Centre at London Stansted Airport today secured £3.5million of funding following Government confirmation of the latest investment into the South East LEP Local Growth Fund.
3 February 2017Read in full
Ryanair has announced a new growth deal with Manchester Airports Group (MAG) which will deliver nine new London Stansted routes, including a daily service to Naples and a three times daily service to Copenhagen.
13 January 2017Read in full