London Stansted is London's third-busiest airport, currently serving around 22 million passengers a year. The airport is ideally located in between the global tech and life science hubs of London and Cambridge.
|Telephone:||0800 093 7851|
|Address:||Enterprise House, Bassingbourn Road, Stansted|
|Membership type:||Corporate 51+ (£1,000+VAT pa)|
Since the acquisition of London Stansted MAG has invested in improving the Terminal building. This investment has included the introduction of premium products like: Meet and Greet Parking, Fast Track security and a new business lounge.
Stansted Facts And Figures
- 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Night quota restrictions apply during period 23:30 - 06:00
- Passengers per year: 22 million (July, 2015)
- Third-busiest airport in London; fourth-busiest in the UK
Airlines and aircraft movements
- Airlines: 12
- Air Transport Movements: 131,365 a year (March 2013)
- Destinations: over 170
- Countries served: 30
- Number of runways: 1
- Runway length: 3048m long by 46m wide
- Total retail space: 10,608 sqm
- Check-in capacity: 125 check-in desks
- Car parking spaces: 25,726
- Number of aircraft parking stands: up to 110
- Rail link to central London: Stansted Express, 47 minutes to London.
- 50% of passengers use public transport to travel to and from the airport (CAA data)
- £80 million redevelopment of the Terminal building (completed Oct, 2015)
- Economic contribution: £400 million a year
- Employs: 10,200 (1,316 are Stansted Airport Ltd employees)
- Cargo: Over 230,000 tonnes of air cargo (2014/15)
- First UK airport to hold both ISO14001 and OHSAS18001 standards
- Awarded Carbon Trust Standard
- Biomass boiler installed as part of £50million terminal extension, making development carbon neutral
- 57.2% of total airport waste was re-cycled in 2011.
- Targets: 0% waste direct to landfill and 60% recycled by 2015
Top international destinations (in order)
- Alicante (Spain)
- Malaga (Spain)
- Rome (Italy)
Top UK destinations (in order)
Most popular country
- 1991 on site of former airport
Owned and operated by
- Manchester Airports Group
Stansted Airport has welcomed today’s Government announcement that Abellio East Anglia has won the franchise to operate the Stansted Express and other rail services between London, the airport and Cambridge from October 2016.
10 August 2016Read in full
Stansted Airport has been awarded the prestigious CommunityMark, the UK’s highest national standard for leadership and excellence in community investment.
20 July 2016Read in full
MAG, the UK’s leading airport group, has reported its audited full-year results, for the period 1st April 2015 – 31st March 2016.
14 July 2016Read in full
London Stansted enjoyed another record breaking month as the UK’s fourth busiest airport welcomed over 2.1 million passengers in May 2016.
14 June 2016Read in full
London Stansted Airport has won Best Individual Community Project at the 2016 National CSR Awards for its pioneering community partnership to reduce aircraft noise for over 4,000 people living close to the airport.
18 May 2016Read in full
Transport Minister Lord Ahmad touched down at Aerozone Stansted to mark the first anniversary of the airport’s hugely popular education centre.
12 May 2016Read in full
Holiday-makers heading to Mexico and America from London Stansted will get to fly on one of the most advanced planes in the world.
4 May 2016Read in full
London Stansted welcomed over 1.89 million passengers during its busiest ever March as the airport’s annual passenger total topped 23 million for the first time since July 2008.
12 April 2016Read in full