London Stansted is London's third-busiest airport, currently serving around 22 million passengers a year. The airport is ideally located in between the global tech and life science hubs of London and Cambridge.
|Telephone:||0800 093 7851|
|Address:||Enterprise House, Bassingbourn Road, Stansted|
|Membership type:||Corporate 51+ (£1,000+VAT pa)|
Since the acquisition of London Stansted MAG has invested in improving the Terminal building. This investment has included the introduction of premium products like: Meet and Greet Parking, Fast Track security and a new business lounge.
Stansted Facts And Figures
- 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Night quota restrictions apply during period 23:30 - 06:00
- Passengers per year: 22 million (July, 2015)
- Third-busiest airport in London; fourth-busiest in the UK
Airlines and aircraft movements
- Airlines: 12
- Air Transport Movements: 131,365 a year (March 2013)
- Destinations: over 170
- Countries served: 30
- Number of runways: 1
- Runway length: 3048m long by 46m wide
- Total retail space: 10,608 sqm
- Check-in capacity: 125 check-in desks
- Car parking spaces: 25,726
- Number of aircraft parking stands: up to 110
- Rail link to central London: Stansted Express, 47 minutes to London.
- 50% of passengers use public transport to travel to and from the airport (CAA data)
- £80 million redevelopment of the Terminal building (completed Oct, 2015)
- Economic contribution: £400 million a year
- Employs: 10,200 (1,316 are Stansted Airport Ltd employees)
- Cargo: Over 230,000 tonnes of air cargo (2014/15)
- First UK airport to hold both ISO14001 and OHSAS18001 standards
- Awarded Carbon Trust Standard
- Biomass boiler installed as part of £50million terminal extension, making development carbon neutral
- 57.2% of total airport waste was re-cycled in 2011.
- Targets: 0% waste direct to landfill and 60% recycled by 2015
Top international destinations (in order)
- Alicante (Spain)
- Malaga (Spain)
- Rome (Italy)
Top UK destinations (in order)
Most popular country
- 1991 on site of former airport
Owned and operated by
- Manchester Airports Group
London Stansted Airport today expressed disappointment after Network Rail published scaled back plans for short term improvements to journey times and reliability on the mainline to the airport and Cambridge.
24 March 2016Read in full
Stansted Airport is today celebrating the 25th anniversary of Her Majesty the Queen officially opening the iconic terminal building and London’s third major airport on 15 March, 1991.
15 March 2016Read in full
Andrew Cowan, currently Chief Strategy Officer of MAG, has been appointed Divisional CEO of London Stansted Airport.
10 March 2016Read in full
Stansted has been named the Best London Airport at this year’s prestigious 14th annual London Transport Awards.
7 March 2016Read in full
London Stansted began 2016 with another high flying month as the airport recorded its busiest ever January.
15 February 2016Read in full
Stansted Airport’s award winning education centre, Aerozone Stansted, has smashed its predicted first year visitor numbers in just six months.
22 January 2016Read in full
Stansted Airport this year experienced the busiest November in its history as over 1.7 million passengers passed through the terminal, an increase of 6.9% over the same month last year. The previous record for November was set in 2006 when just over 1.65 million passengers used the airport.
10 December 2015Read in full
MAG, the UK’s leading airport group, today reports its interim unaudited half-year results, for the period 1st April 2015 – 30th September 2015. It has seen continued strong growth in EBITDA* (+10.7% to £202.5m) driven by record passenger numbers (+5.7% to 29.7m) and new route development.
3 December 2015Read in full