Cultural Training - Working Effectively with the Chinese
By the end of this course, you will:
- understand what motivates your Chinese colleagues and customers
- understand how and when you need to modify your business behaviour to create a positive impression and manage team activities
- be able to use a range of techniques for effective cross-cultural communication
- have a toolbox of practical tips that will be immediately useful in their next encounter with your Chinese partners.
Each delegate will be asked to complete and return a pre-course questionnaire, to enable the trainer to tailor the session to meet their needs. The general topics we cover in the session are:
- Welcome, Introduction and Agenda
- Introduction and general information on China
- Cultural Awareness
- Chinese Business Practice and Communication
- Chinese Negotiation and Conflict Resolution
- Guanxi, trust and interpersonal relationships
- Chinese Business Etiquette & Social Protocols
- Conclusion and round-up
The course is interactive and delegates will be encouraged to share their experience (in a confidential environment) and explore solutions together through discussion, exercises and role-play of ‘real life’ business scenarios. The trainer will also refer to powerpoint throughout the session, which will be provided as a hard copy at the end of the day.
Babel has an established relationship with Cambridge Network since 2006. Providing Cultural Training delivered by experienced, professional, personable trainers.
Working with the Chinese can be challenging. Even though it is stimulating and rewarding, there are potential difficulties when people from different cultures misunderstand each other, especially when English is not their first language. This practical workshop will identify the keys to understanding the Chinese and will enable you to be more effective when working with your Chinese team members, partners and clients.
What our delegates say…
“I feel as the session has taken place two days before my first trip to China that this course will be extremely beneficial and help to ensure that I can create a good impression and avoid faux pas.”
“Excellent portrayal of Chinese culture.”
“Very clear and good at rephrasing if we don’t understand.”
For any assignees due to go to China we can offer them and their family a “Working and Living Effectively in China” session delivered in house or at their home, pre-departure.
For any assignees from China due to the UK, we can offer them and their family a “Working and Living Effectively in the UK” session delivered in house or at their home, upon arrival.
To compliment this training we can also provide Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin), EFL language training, Advanced Business English and Accent Modification. The lessons can be delivered face-to-face, ‘live’ on-line or as a blended solution.
Delegates can also sign up to our free monthly cultural newsletter.
Babel delivers language training in all major world languages, coaches delegates to be culturally competent in their global roles, briefs expats for starting new jobs overseas and helps create high-performing remote teams.