CRAC (the Careers Research & Advisory Centre) is a specialist provider of innovation and expertise in career development. We also lead and manage Vitae, the UK's national programme for career and skill development for researchers.
|Telephone:||+44 (0)1223 460 277|
|Address:||22 Signet Court, Swanns Road, Cambridge|
Our aims are:
- to help all those who support people making career decisions, through provision of innovative interventions and practice and expert information
- to support employers in their understanding of education and skills policies and their development of career-related activities and programmes
- to develop and share knowledge relating to careers and employability
We work in partnership with employers, schools/colleges, universities, government agencies and other organisations. Our vision is a world where people make career decisions wisely and develop their capabilities throughout their working lives.
Our work involves:
- creating innovative career development programmes, for education and other settings
- devising and conducting relevant research, and effectively disseminating findings
- developing and delivering training programmes
CRAC is the UK's leading expert in the field of career development for postgraduate researchers and manages the Vitae programme on behalf of the UK Research Councils.
To find out more about our recent and current work, please visit our website.
Vitae and Naturejobs have launched ‘What do research staff do next?’ – a survey which tries to find out what academic staff (postdocs, assistant professors etc) do when they leave university positions.
3 July 2014Read in full
To mark significant developments over the past 50 years, CRAC, in partnership with NICEC (the National Institute for Career Education and Counselling, which was for many years a research and development organisation supported by CRAC), will be running events over two days in Cambridge next month.
11 June 2014Read in full
Vitae, a national non-profit organisation, is running a survey in collaboration with Sheffield University to gather employers’ perceptions of PhD researchers, whether or not they target them in recruitment practices.
22 September 2009Read in full
Professional Development Manager
Vitae leads the professional development of researchers and is a part of The Careers Research & Advisory Centre(CRAC) Limited, a...
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000