GEANT Limited is part of the GÉANT Association. The GÉANT Association is the leading collaboration on network and related infrastructure and services for the benefit of research and education, contributing to Europe's economic growth and competitiveness.
|Telephone:||+44 (0)1223 371 300|
|Address:||City House, 126-130 Hills Road|
|Membership type:||Corporate 51+ (£1,000+VAT pa)|
The GÉANT Association:
- provides practical support for members, educators, researchers and other partners to collaborate, innovate, share knowledge and agree on policies and strategies;
- plans, procures, builds and operates large-scale, advanced international high-speed networks, including the 500 Gbps pan-European GÉANT network;
- organises events such as workshops, meetings and conferences, including TNC – Europe’s largest networking conference for research and education;
- develops, operates and supports services relating to such areas as trust and identity, security and certification, mobility and access, and media and real-time communications;
- provides staff expertise in procurement, project management, community engagement, network operations, and outreach including dissemination and training;
- liaises with other e-infrastructure organisations, user communities, industry and with the European Union.
A GÉANT Open Call project, ARES, (Advanced networking for the EU genomic Research) aims to create a novel Content Distribution Network (CDN) architecture to support medical and research activities, making large data sets accessible to healthcare practitioners for better patient care.
6 November 2014Read in full
In response to the community of Europe’s national research and education networking organisations’ (NRENs’) wishes, the GÉANT Association has been formed by re-organising TERENA and DANTE under a unified governance structure.
10 October 2014Read in full
Pioneering astronaut Buzz Aldrin, celebrated oceanographer Walter Munk, visionary entrepreneur Elon Musk, and world-renowned planetary scientist Maria Zuber were among the many illustrious guests at the 110th Explorers Club Annual Dinner (ECAD) last weekend, at the Waldorf Astoria, New York.
19 March 2014Read in full
GÉANT, the pan-European data network serving 50 million research and education users at speeds of up to 500Gbps, recently demonstrated its power by sonifying 36 years’ worth of NASA Voyager spacecraft data and converting it into a musical duet.
29 January 2014Read in full
Catch up on news from the GÉANT community with the new issue of CONNECT magazine - out now!
30 October 2013Read in full
DANTE (Delivery of Advanced Network Technology to Europe) and Infinera, a leading provider of Intelligent Transport Networks™, announced today that they have achieved a Guinness World Record for the fastest rate of multi-Terabit optical capacity across the GÉANT Network.
15 August 2013Read in full
50 million users of Europe's critical data communications infrastructure to benefit from increased capacity, faster service provision and self-healing resiliency
31 July 2013Read in full
DANTE (Delivery of Advanced Network Technology to Europe) has today announced that Mark Johnston has been appointed Chief Network Operations Officer, where he will be responsible for the delivery and operation of the pan-European GÉANT network and its services.
24 July 2013Read in full
This month marks the 20th anniversary of Cambridge not-for-profit organisation - DANTE (Delivery of Advanced Network Technology to Europe).
16 July 2013Read in full
Network Engineer - Operations Centre - Juniper
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Networ Engineer in our Operations Centre (OC) in Cambridge. The GÉANT Operations Centre (G...
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000