Greater Cambridge Greater Peterborough Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP)
The Greater Cambridge Greater Peterborough Enterprise Partnership is focused on helping to drive forward sustainable economic growth in our area – with local business, education providers, the third sector and the public sector working together to achieve this.
|Address:||Unit 3, The Incubator, Alconbury Weald Enterprise Campus, Alconbury Airfield, Huntingdon|
The Greater Cambridge Greater Peterborough Enterprise Partnership (LEP) was formed in October 2010 to help drive forward sustainable economic growth in our area.
We bring together local businesses, education providers, voluntary organisations and social enterprises, and the public sector to tackle key barriers to growth, such as skills development, infrastructure issues and funding. We can make this happen when we:
- Collaborate – with businesses, social enterprises, the voluntary sector, and public sector to deliver sustainable economic growth
- Create – new jobs and the right conditions for enterprise growth including support for existing and innovative funding opportunities and initiatives
- Champion – our area by supporting the commercialisation of our knowledge base to achieve further growth in our key industries, and support our people to gain the skills required by employers
Our area is currently home to 1.3 million people, 700,000 jobs, 60,000 enterprises and we generate £30 billion per annum. It is also home to a number of globally significant business clusters, world class research capacity linked to our universities, a number of thriving market towns, and is the UK’s leader in agriculture, food and drink.
Guided by a business led Board, the LEP has a small core team who work with partners on a range of focused projects. You can read our Strategic Economic Plan here for a further insight into our work, and find out more about our Board here.
Here are just a few of our key successes to date:
- Helping Agri-Tech related business via our £3.2 million Eastern Agri-Tech Growth Initiative
- Securing £21.1 million of Government investment for 2015/16 for transport, skills and business growth
- Investing £16.1 million into businesses, roads and skills projects via our Growing Places Fund to unlock up to 12,500 new jobs
- Pledging the single largest local contribution towards the upgrade of the A14 (£50 million)
- Launching The Skills Service and defining the future of skills across our area
- Helping SMEs via our Grants4Growth programme
- Being a key partner in the Greater Cambridge City Deal
The Greater Cambridge Greater Peterborough Local Enterprise Partnership (GCP LEP) is pleased to host a series of business briefings and workshops to help shape the Greater Cambridge Partnership’s future investment strategy.
16 November 2017Read in full
The Greater Cambridge Greater Peterborough Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) is pleased to host a series of business led workshops next month, to facilitate with the Greater Cambridge Partnership (GCP) the creation of a Future Investment Strategy for the Greater Cambridge Partnership area (formerly known as the City Deal).
26 September 2017Read in full
Healthcare Businesswomen Association (HBA) Rising Star winner, Rene van der Merwe of MedImmune is the latest speaker scheduled to give a keynote talk at Venturefest East 2017 (21st September at Newmarket Racecourse).
4 September 2017Read in full
Innovation is a major driver of the UK economy and significant funding is available for investment in innovation from the European Regional Development Fund. This includes the national ERDF programme for England as well as a number of Interreg programmes supporting transnational and cross-border cooperation.
16 August 2017Read in full