At Deloitte, we recognise the differing service needs of smaller businesses - particularly high growth start-ups and owner managed businesses.These businesses often have relatively small management teams and therefore confidence in and support from your business advisers can be even more business critical. We are unique among the Big 4 accountancy firms in providing a tailored service focussed on small and medium sized businesses. Deloitte's comprehensive service offering, combined with the expertise and experience of our people, means that we can play a key role in helping these businesses to meet their challenges head on. Our team comprises people with specialist knowledge of businesses in the early phases of their growth.
We provide all the business support that you would expect from a general practice accountant and our clients get the personal service and convenience from having a single point of contact - their Business Services Manager - who co-ordinates the services we provide. At the same time our clients benefit from the wealth of experience and expertise that we have in our global firm.
We provide expert advice and assistance on the following key business issues:
- managing organic growth
- managing growth through acquisition
- e-business issues
- incubator services for start-ups
- financing your business
- profit improvement
- cash extraction and remuneration planning
- succession planning
- exit and retirement planning
- managing adverse change
As part of our comprehensive business advisory relationship, we provide the following routine services:
- accounts preparation (statutory and management information)
- audit of statutory accounts
- business and personal tax - including preparation and submission of tax returns to the Inland Revenue and R&D tax credit claims
- Value Added Tax (VAT) - including assistance with the preparation and submission of VAT returns to H.M. Customs and Excise
- Company Secretarial services
- Bookkeeping and Payroll services
- Assistance with finance raising and business planning.
Understanding the options available to a business, creating value, whether through new technology exploitation or niche services, are keys to growth and profitability. We service a large owner managed client base and our approach in providing support from start-up has seen many companies through to trade sale or flotation. We want to work with businesses as they start on their journey - and not just when they reach the threshold or pinnacle of their success.
The Deloitte Cambridge office comprises 7 Partners and over 250 staff who deliver a full range of professional services to the East Anglian region. As well as focussing on the life sciences and technology sectors for which the region has become so renowned, the office has long standing specialisms in other sectors including the professions, consumer business and agriculture.