London Stansted is London's third-busiest airport, currently serving around 22 million passengers a year. The airport is ideally located in between the global tech and life science hubs of London and Cambridge.
|Telephone:||0800 093 7851|
|Address:||Enterprise House, Bassingbourn Road, Stansted|
|Membership type:||Corporate 51+ (£1,000+VAT pa)|
Since the acquisition of London Stansted MAG has invested in improving the Terminal building. This investment has included the introduction of premium products like: Meet and Greet Parking, Fast Track security and a new business lounge.
Stansted Facts And Figures
- 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Night quota restrictions apply during period 23:30 - 06:00
- Passengers per year: 22 million (July, 2015)
- Third-busiest airport in London; fourth-busiest in the UK
Airlines and aircraft movements
- Airlines: 12
- Air Transport Movements: 131,365 a year (March 2013)
- Destinations: over 170
- Countries served: 30
- Number of runways: 1
- Runway length: 3048m long by 46m wide
- Total retail space: 10,608 sqm
- Check-in capacity: 125 check-in desks
- Car parking spaces: 25,726
- Number of aircraft parking stands: up to 110
- Rail link to central London: Stansted Express, 47 minutes to London.
- 50% of passengers use public transport to travel to and from the airport (CAA data)
- £80 million redevelopment of the Terminal building (completed Oct, 2015)
- Economic contribution: £400 million a year
- Employs: 10,200 (1,316 are Stansted Airport Ltd employees)
- Cargo: Over 230,000 tonnes of air cargo (2014/15)
- First UK airport to hold both ISO14001 and OHSAS18001 standards
- Awarded Carbon Trust Standard
- Biomass boiler installed as part of £50million terminal extension, making development carbon neutral
- 57.2% of total airport waste was re-cycled in 2011.
- Targets: 0% waste direct to landfill and 60% recycled by 2015
Top international destinations (in order)
- Alicante (Spain)
- Malaga (Spain)
- Rome (Italy)
Top UK destinations (in order)
Most popular country
- 1991 on site of former airport
Owned and operated by
- Manchester Airports Group
The CEO of new long-haul airline, Primera Air, was in Cambridge today talking to senior executives and political leaders about the airline’s exciting and innovative new services to the USA from London Stansted that launch in April 2018.
21 September 2017Read in full
London Stansted’s new CEO, Ken O’Toole, has called on the Government to put in place a national aviation strategy that not only supports airports to grow but ensures the spare capacity available today is used to generate the biggest positive impact for consumers and the economy.
15 September 2017Read in full
A unique project that will boost the skills and economy of Essex took a major step forward today after London Stansted Airport and Harlow College received planning permission from Uttlesford District Council for a new £11 million technical skills college at the airport.
4 August 2017Read in full
London Stansted has welcomed its 25 millionth passenger to pass through the airport in the past year, the first time the UK’s fourth busiest airport has achieved this significant milestone in its history.
2 August 2017Read in full
London Stansted has become the first airport in England to sign up to the Armed Forces Covenant outlining how it will support both serving and retired military personnel and reservists.
1 August 2017Read in full
Danish airline, Primera Air is to open a new base at London Stansted and start direct flights to New York and Boston Logan next year.
21 July 2017Read in full
Andrew Cowan, CEO of London Stansted Airport, has today welcomed the Government’s proposal to make best use of existing runway capacity across the UK to improve global connectivity and provide more choice for passengers.
21 July 2017Read in full
London Stansted has won a top award for its work in training young people and helping them find jobs at the airport.
20 July 2017Read in full