Stansted Airport Limited
London Stansted is London's third-busiest airport, currently serving around 22 million passengers a year. The airport is ideally located in between the global Tech and Life Science Hubs of London and Cambridge.
|Address:||Enterprise House, Bassingbourn Road, Stansted|
|Membership type:||Corporate 51+ (£1,000+VAT pa)|
Since the acquisition of London Stansted MAG has invested in improving the Terminal building. This investment has included the introduction of premium products like: Meet and Greet Parking, Fast Track security and a new business lounge.
Stansted Facts And Figures
- 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Night quota restrictions apply during period 23:30 - 06:00
- Passengers per year: 22 million (July, 2015)
- Third-busiest airport in London; fourth-busiest in the UK
Airlines and aircraft movements
- Airlines: 12
- Air Transport Movements: 131,365 a year (March 2013)
- Destinations: over 170
- Countries served: 30
- Number of runways: 1
- Runway length: 3048m long by 46m wide
- Total retail space: 10,608 sqm
- Check-in capacity: 125 check-in desks
- Car parking spaces: 25,726
- Number of aircraft parking stands: up to 110
- Rail link to central London: Stansted Express, 47 minutes to London.
- 50% of passengers use public transport to travel to and from the airport (CAA data)
- £80 million redevelopment of the Terminal building (completed Oct, 2015)
- Economic contribution: £400 million a year
- Employs: 10,200 (1,316 are Stansted Airport Ltd employees)
- Cargo: Over 230,000 tonnes of air cargo (2014/15)
- First UK airport to hold both ISO14001 and OHSAS18001 standards
- Awarded Carbon Trust Standard
- Biomass boiler installed as part of £50million terminal extension, making development carbon neutral
- 57.2% of total airport waste was re-cycled in 2011.
- Targets: 0% waste direct to landfill and 60% recycled by 2015
Top international destinations (in order)
- Alicante (Spain)
- Malaga (Spain)
- Rome (Italy)
Top UK destinations (in order)
Most popular country
- 1991 on site of former airport
Owned and operated by
- Manchester Airports Group
Danish airline, Primera Air is to open a new base at London Stansted and start direct flights to New York and Boston Logan next year.
21 July 2017Read in full
Andrew Cowan, CEO of London Stansted Airport, has today welcomed the Government’s proposal to make best use of existing runway capacity across the UK to improve global connectivity and provide more choice for passengers.
21 July 2017Read in full
London Stansted has won a top award for its work in training young people and helping them find jobs at the airport.
20 July 2017Read in full
London Stansted welcomed over 2.3 million passengers to the airport during June this year, up 7.9% over the same month in 2016 and a new record for the month of June, surpassing the previous high set 11 years ago in 2006.
14 July 2017Read in full
London Stansted saw nearly 2.3 million passengers pass through the airport during May to set a new record high for the month, an increase of 7% over the same month in 2016 and beating the previous monthly high set just last year.
13 June 2017Read in full
London Stansted’s latest jobs fair takes off this week as nearly 50 airport companies showcase the hundreds of exciting career opportunities on offer across the UK’s fourth busiest airport.
23 May 2017Read in full
London Stansted welcomed over 2.1 million passengers to the airport during its busiest ever April, an increase of 11% over the same month in 2016 and passing the previous high for the month set in 2006.
12 May 2017Read in full
London Stansted and Harlow College have submitted a planning application to build a new technical skills college at the airport – the first of its kind at any airport in the country.
11 May 2017Read in full
London Stansted saw nearly 1.9 million passengers pass through the airport in March 2017.
12 April 2017Read in full
London Stansted Airport has received planning permission from Uttlesford District Council for a new £130 million arrivals building that will enhance the passenger experience and provide capacity for growth over the next decade.
6 April 2017Read in full