University Information Services, University of Cambridge
University Information Services (Academic & Infrastructure) provides computing facilities and related services in support of research and teaching in the University of Cambridge.
The facilities and service are as follows:
- Networks, telephones, electronic mail and web authentication, which can only be provided on a University-wide basis;
- Centrally managed services such as Desktop Services, which provides computing resources to individual members of the University;
- Centrally managed services such as the computing service public rooms, managed web server, Falcon content management service and managed mail domain services, which are aimed at institutions rather than individuals;
- A wide range of support services for institutional and individually owned facilities, including Software Sales, Unix Support, Windows and Macintosh Support, and the Hardware Support service;
- Ancillary support services such as videoconferencing, printing, and photography and illustration;
- Advice and consultancy services including a Service Desk (Help Desk) for the centrally managed facilities, the Techlink support scheme for local computer staff and a wide range of training courses.