Essential leadership skills in managing mental health
The unsettling times we are currently in have shown more than ever the importance of leadership, and the impact it has on employee mental health and wellbeing. Having leaders and managers who are skilled and confident in managing mental health and wellbeing is THE critical piece of the jigsaw in good leadership, and in getting good company results.
- Do your managers need a greater understanding of mental health and wellbeing issues, and to be able to recognise when colleagues may need further help and support?
- Do your managers struggle to understand their role in supporting colleagues who may be experiencing a mental health or wellbeing issue?
- Do your managers need greater confidence and skills to be able to significantly support employees with mental health and wellbeing issues?
Our research shows that 80% of HR professionals do not believe that their managers have the knowledge, skills or confidence required to support employees with their mental health and wellbeing. They also don’t know how to support their own mental health.
We also know that recent figures show that the levels of depression and anxiety have doubled since lockdown. This is having a massive impact on business and performance.
Why the i-act Manager Package?
The i-act course is designed specifically for the role of the manager in managing people. It is accredited by the professional body the Royal College of Psychiatrists showing that the i-act meets their high standards. It empowers managers to have the resources and tools to deal with their people confidently.
The fantastic news is that the i-act can now be delivered entirely virtually.
Our research shows that after our training managers confidence in their knowledge and skills soared!
- Before–almost 80% of Managers had No or Low levels of confidence in talking to employees about Mental Health
- After--almost 90% had either Medium or High levels of confidence!
“Honestly - the most useful training I have had since becoming a manager!” LN
Get in touch here with us for an informal chat now.