RiverRhee: Transition to Leadership
Transition to Leadership is a workshop aimed at line or project managers in the Life Science sector who have recently moved to, or are about to move to, a more senior leadership role.
|Dates||11 Apr 2019 - Download as vCalendar|
|Opening times||9:00 - 17:00|
|Venue||Chesterford Research Park|
|Organiser name||Elisabeth Goodman|
Transition to Leadership is a workshop aimed at managers in the Life Science sector who have recently moved to, or are about to move to, a more senior leadership role.
Potential participants will likely manage a team of line managers or project managers, or both, and have responsibility for a function or department and may occupy a seat on a senior level leadership team.
Duration - One day (supplemented by two 30-minute phone conversations with a course tutor in advance of, and as follow-up to the course, at mutually convenient times).
The workshop is highly interactive and practical, and is aimed at developing delegates’ leadership style and skills beyond the tactics associated with day-to-day people management.
At the end of the workshop, participants will: -
- Understand the value and nature of emotional intelligence and how it lays the foundation for leadership effectiveness and success.
- Have a deeper awareness of their individual leadership style through the Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI).
- Appreciate the need to adapt their leadership style according to different business needs and be able to apply Goleman’s 6 leadership styles appropriately.
- Know how to stay authentic whilst adopting different styles for the situation or task at hand.
- Have explored how to combine strategic thinking, with influencing and change skills to achieve ownership by their staff: the ingredients for inspirational leadership.
- Have a personal action plan for implementing broader leadership behaviours and practices: including how to address any potential stallers or blockers to implementing these goals at work.
This 1-day workshop will involve input, facilitated discussion and group work covering the following content: -
- Emotional Intelligence and the link to leadership effectiveness.
- Making the transition to leadership successfully through ‘7 seismic shifts’.
- Leadership Styles and approaches – participants will receive a 30-minute pre-course phone de-brief on their MBTI profile and an MBTI profile report outlining their relative strengths and blind spots.
- Discussion and application of the MBTI leadership profiles and D. Goleman’s Leadership styles model, as frameworks for developing leadership capabilities.
- Authentic Leadership and staying true to self.
- The role of the leader as a strategic thinker, responsible for aligning individuals and teams around mission and goals.
- Influencing techniques and effective change management.
The acquisition of new skills is just the beginning – structured and meaningful follow-up will help to ensure greater likelihood of lasting behavioural change.
Each delegate on Transition to Leadership will: -
- Create a personal action plan
- ‘Buddie up’ with another participant to create a partnership for post event support and challenge
- Be sent a reminder card in the post 7 days after the course to reinforce their personal actions from the course
- Have the opportunity of a 30-minute follow-up call with the tutor (4 weeks after the event) to review successes and help with any ongoing leadership challenges
- Be encouraged to take the outcomes and lessons from the course into a development discussion with their manager: to consider adding a leadership based development goal to their personal development goals.
Availability and cost
Participants can join one of the open programmes, or alternatively, the course can be delivered in-house.
Please get in touch with the training provider at email@example.com, tel +44 (0) 7876 130 817
Creating exceptional managers and teams. Our range of courses, workshops and one-to-one coaching for managers, teams and individual contributors will equip you with the capabilities and confidence to be at your best at work.