5-day Comprehensive GC-MS Training (Agilent SQ MS with MassHunter)
The five-day Comprehensive GC-MS Training course introduces the fundamental theory of quadrupole GC-MS along with the operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of the Agilent single quadrupole Mass Spectrometer using MassHunter software
|Dates||12 Mar 2018 - 16 Mar 2018 - This event is in the past.|
|Opening times||9am to 5pm|
|Venue||The Open University, Milton Keynes, MK7 6AA|
|Organiser name||Karen Lee|
What will you learn on this course?
The five-day Comprehensive GC-MS Training course introduces the fundamental theory of quadrupole GC-MS along with the operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of the Agilent single quadrupole Mass Spectrometer using MassHunter software.
This course includes an introduction to quadrupole mass spectrometry; hardware configuration; MS tuning; data acquisition in scan and selected ion monitoring (SIM) modes; qualitative & quantitative data analysis; reports; sequencing; and an introduction to deconvolution and retention time locking.
The course will train the operator to perform the maintenance required to ensure the smooth running of the instrument. The course also discusses the principles of troubleshooting by examining the effects of faults in the system on the chromatographic output. This course includes an introduction to troubleshooting and maintenance focusing on tunes & diagnostics, GC considerations, vacuum system, ion source, quadrupole mass filter and MS detector.
It combines a mixture of classroom based presentations with hands-on software and hardware lab exercises, to give you comprehensive training.
You can attend all 5 days of the course for a complete training solution. Alternatively you can attend the 2-day Comprehensive GC-MS Hardware (Agilent SQ MS) course or 3-day Comprehensive GC-MS Software Training (MassHunter) course for specific training on hardware or software.
- You will learn the theory & principles of mass spectrometry focusing on the quadrupole GC-MS
- You will become familiar with the Agilent single quadrupole Mass Spectrometer instrumentation learning about the function & operation of individual components
- You will gain experience of adjusting the important MS parameters
- You will gain practical experience of performing maintenance of each MS component including vacuum system, ion source, quadrupole mass filter & detector
- You will learn the strategies and gain practical experience of instrument troubleshooting
- You will learn the operation of the MassHunter software
- You will learn installation, set-up and get an overview of the software
- You will learn about the types of tuning methods, undertake air/water checks & an autotune then interpret the results
- You will learn how to create a full scan and SIM method to gain an understanding of each method type
- You will analyse individual samples and create sequences for analysing multiple samples
- You will undertake qualitative data analysis including library searching and deconvolution
- You will undertake quantitative data analysis creating calibration curves and producing appropriate sample reports
- You will have an introduction to deconvolution and learn retention time locking
Who is this course for?
This course is primarily for analysts and technicians responsible for the operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of Agilent quadrupole GC-MS instruments with MassHunter software. This is also the introductory course for those learning the Agilent triple quadrupole mass spectrometer with MassHunter software. Please note that while hands on training will take place on an Agilent 5975 or 5973 the course is suitable for all models of Agilent single quadrupole MSD.
Special offers (discounts cannot be combined):
- Early Bird: Book at least 12 weeks in advance and receive a 10% discount for this 5-day course.
- Student: Discount of 10% for this 5-day course (valid student ID card required) if booked at least 4 weeks in advance.
- RSC Member: Discount of 10% for this 5-day course (membership number required) if booked at least 4 weeks in advance.
- ChromSoc Member: Discount of 10% for this 5-day course (membership number required) if booked at least 4 weeks in advance.
- Warwick alumni: Discount of 10% for this 5-day course (membership number required) if booked at least 4 weeks in advance.
- Group Discount: 4 colleagues from the same company can attend for the price of 3, when attending the same course
Experts in analytical chemistry consulting and training. Our training covers the full expanse of analytical chemistry, including chromatography, mass spectrometry and spectroscopy.