Delegates on the RiverRhee Assertiveness course will learn how to communicate their thoughts effectively so that they can not only benefit their business but also obtain what they need for their own professional development.
|Dates||5 Mar 2019 - This event is in the past.|
|Opening times||9:00 - 17:00|
|Venue||Chesterford Research Park|
|Organiser name||Elisabeth Goodman|
The course is for individuals and managers who want to build valuable relationships within the workplace so as to deliver positive outcomes for themselves, their teams and the business.
In an increasingly expanding and challenging environment, scientists and managers need to work together to achieve the most positive outcomes for their business.
Many junior members of staff are keen to make a difference, but cautious about communicating their thoughts on what is happening. This can be frustrating for managers who need information from specialists to facilitate sound business decisions. People are often reluctant to say what they believe to be true for fear of being negatively judged; whereas it is this information that will inform and develop the work that is being done.
Delegates on the RiverRhee Assertiveness course will learn when to communicate their thoughts effectively so that they can not only benefit their business but also obtain what they need for their own professional development.
The aims of the course are:
- To build delegates’ self-awareness and develop their personal strategies for sharing valuable ideas and opinions.
- To empower the delegates so that they can have a positive impact on the business that they work in.
- To help the delegates to understand their key relationships in the workplace and how to leverage them to achieve positive outcomes.
The course will combine short presentations with opportunities for discussion and practical exercises.
- Assertiveness: Building the 'Win-Win'.
- Exploring effective collaboration to build stronger teams and so deliver positive outcomes for the greater business.
- Me, Myself and I
- Understanding the ‘What’ (I am asserting) and the ‘Why’ (I need to be assertive).
- Understanding who I am and how I assert myself.
- Understanding how I feel when I am being assertive and the resultant impact and outcomes.
- Assertiveness in the team and how to use it.
- Assertiveness Skills
- Stages of team development - Storming
- What is happening in the storming stage?
- Why is it helpful and what are the benefits?
- How do I fit in during Storming?
- Self-Advocacy - pushing for what I need in order to be the best that I can be for the team.
- Scripting – Knowing what you want to say, how you are going to say it and what outcome you are reaching for.
- Assertiveness and how to manage myself.
Availability and cost
Please get in touch with the training provider at email@example.com, tel +44 (0) 7876 130 817
Creating exceptional managers and teams. Our range of courses, workshops and one-to-one coaching for managers, teams and individual contributors will equip you with the capabilities and confidence to be at your best at work.