This three-day course provides an introduction to mass spectral interpretation, aimed at presenting the fundamental tools and rules when examining high quality full-scan GC-MS data.
Applied Interpretation of GC-MS Mass Spectra Training
|This course has been approved by the Royal Society of Chemistry for purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
This course provides an introduction to mass spectral interpretation, providing all the fundamental tools and rules when examining high quality full-scan GC-MS data.
The course teaches how to obtain high quality mass spectra, simple techniques to recognise and elucidate spectra, how to observe fragmentation patterns and looks at how to use advance tools to interpret spectra.
Attendees will learn how to quickly recognise from the spectrum if the analyte is aliphatic or aromatic in nature, how to interpret the number of carbon atoms, heteroatoms and degree of unsaturation and understand isotopes, isomers, logical losses, cleavages and rearrangements to produce a mass spectral fingerprint of the compound.
This course combines the essential theory of the technique along with classroom-based exercises to apply the knowledge learned.
Why choose Anthias courses?
- Independent - guaranteed non-sales environment and unbiased advice
- Training approved by the Royal Society of Chemistry for CPD
- Maximum class sizes to encourage participant interaction but provide focused support for your needs
- Plenty of opportunities to ask questions tailored to your needs
- Training has a strong practical and application focus, with lots of tips
- Taught by practising analytical chemists with current skills
- Hundreds of attendees from a range of backgrounds successfully trained over the past 14 years
- Presented in English with visuals and props for clarity and instrument parts & consumables
- Price includes training manual, lunch and refreshments
- Prestigious training venue at The Open University – home to the expertise behind the Ptolemy instrument, on the Rosetta mission
Independent experts in analytical science providing consulting and training in Gas Chromatography, Liquid Chromatography, Mass Spectrometry, Inductively Coupled Plasma, Spectroscopy, Mass Spectrometry Imaging, Physical & Structural Properties of Molecules and all their related techniques.