Assertiveness is not always about getting your own way, but it is about being able to confidently express your own needs. This workshop is about understanding what assertiveness really means to you, and how to be more assertive when you need to be.
Assertiveness Skills Workshop [for Cambridge Network]
When people talk about being more assertive, they usually mean:
- How do I resist always saying yes when I really want to say no?
- How do I say what I really think without upsetting someone?
- How do I gain more control in situations that are important to me?
- This workshop is about understanding what assertiveness really means to you, and how to be more assertive when you need to be.
By the end of the workshop delegates will:
- Understand what assertive behaviour is.
- Be more aware of ‘difficult’ people and situations, and how to respond to them.
- Understand and know how to use assertive communication
- Know when and how to be assertive
I offer learning for business performance and personal growth. I help people to be positive, productive, enjoy work and stay healthy. During the 16 years that I have run my own business I have trained over 7,000 people, run numerous leadership development programmes, facilitated a wide variety of workshops and have successfully coached many more people one-to-one and in teams.
My areas of expertise and interest includes resilience & wellbeing, team & leadership development, coaching, facilitation and effective communication.
Industry experience includes - technology (IT, engineering, scientific & biotechnology), healthcare, legal, publishing and recruitment.