Be a PA with PA
A One-Day Workshop for Pas, EAs, Secretaries and Administrative Professionals. This Workshop is based around effective outcome thinking, communication and awareness tools. The tools utilise Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) techniques that have been developed and utilised by leading edge organisations in order to achieve excellence.
|Dates||5 Feb 2019 - This event is in the past.|
|Opening times||9.30am - 5.00pm|
|Venue||Eagle Labs, 7-8 Clifton Court, Cherry Hinton Road, CB1 7BN|
|Organiser name||Sarah L Gleadell|
|Availability||8 places available.|
This Workshop is based around effective outcome thinking, communication and awareness tools. The tools utilise Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) techniques that have been developed and utilised by leading edge organisations in order to achieve excellence.
The learning is created through a combination of demonstrations, group exercises and discussions. There is an emphasis on fun and experiential learning to make the tools and techniques practical and instantly “usable” in your role as a PA. A PA with PA (Perfect Awareness) will have more flexibility, stronger relationships and therefore the ability to work more effectively and efficiently in supporting individuals, teams and the business as a whole.
- Welcome, Introductions and Outline for the day
- Brief background to NLP
- Where did it come from?
- What does it mean?
- How does it apply to me in my role as a PA and in my everyday life?
- It’s all about Rapport
- The importance of having rapport in order to influence
- Recognise when in and out of rapport
- Understand and be able to use the key elements of rapport
- How we process our world
- Understand how we use our senses to process our world
- Notice how people represent their world in different ways through the language they use
- Recognise that flexibility in language can create deeper rapport and stronger relationships
- Beliefs and Presuppositions
- Understand and recognise enabling and limiting beliefs
- Learn to develop flexibility in order to change limiting beliefs
- Recognise usefulness of curiosity versus judgment
- Knowing and achieving your outcomes
- Identify what you do want versus what you don’t want
- Know how to gain clarity and move towards achieving what you want
- Learn how to gain clarity of others outcomes in order to support their needs
- How we are programmed
- Know our own patterns of behaviour
- Learn to recognise the patterns of behaviour of others
- Understand the need for flexibility in our own behaviours in order to support those around us
- Learning review and consolidation
Max Numbers : 8
Trainer: Lindsay Taylor, Director, Your Excellency Limited. Lindsay is best known for her fun, experiential training sessions. She is passionate about sharing skills and learning with clients across the world in a down-to-earth, jargon-free manner ensuring the learning can be instantly applied to benefit you. Lindsay is a member of The Association for Coaching and supports continuing professional development.
Lindsay’s particular passion is for raising the kudos of the PA and Administrative Professional. She spent 10 years as a PA/EA in organisations in the UK and USA including Transamerica Corporation the innovative financial services and products provider. When Lindsay retrained as a Coach and Trainer, gaining practitioner status in Neuro Linguistic Programming, (NLP), she realised the huge benefit of these skills to PAs in improving and maintaining a great working relationship – with themselves, their manager and the teams they support.
Cambridge Network's Learning Collaboration works on behalf of local employers to organise training and management development for their staff. Set up by the Network in conjunction with local HR Directors, our aim is to provide all Cambridge Network members and organisations with improved access to high quality, shared training courses at value-for-money prices.