Extensive research has demonstrated that successful organisations practise and encourage a growth mindset. This is the belief that our basic qualities can be cultivated through effort and help from others. This means that everyone can change and grow through learning and experience.
Coaching for Managers [a Cambridge Network Course]
A coaching approach to management provides a practical way for managers to encourage a growth mindset in their staff and in the organisation as a whole. This workshop provides a simple and effective coaching approach to conversations.
- To understand the growth mindset and how coaching helps to deliver this.
- How to use coaching effectively to:
- Encourage staff to reflect on and learn from their experiences.
- To encourage staff to take responsibility for identifying problems and suggesting solutions.
- Deal with poor performance issues.
- To gain an understanding of the coaching process and essential coaching skills.
- Introduction to Coaching
- Coaching & the growth mindset.
- Making coaching part of how you manage.
- When to coach and when to tell.
- The Coaching Process
- The coaching approach - seeing how it works.
- Essential communication skills review
- Listening, asking questions and body language
- A Structure for the Coaching Conversation
- The Coaching Conversation: Putting your skills into practice
- Learning from the day
|Duration: 1 Day||Credits: 1.4|
|Max. Delegates: 10||Member Cost: £215+VAT|
|Non-member Cost: £323+VAT|
I offer learning for business performance and personal growth. I help people to be positive, productive, enjoy work and stay healthy. During the 16 years that I have run my own business I have trained over 7,000 people, run numerous leadership development programmes, facilitated a wide variety of workshops and have successfully coached many more people one-to-one and in teams.
My areas of expertise and interest includes resilience & wellbeing, team & leadership development, coaching, facilitation and effective communication.
Industry experience includes - technology (IT, engineering, scientific & biotechnology), healthcare, legal, publishing and recruitment.