This is an online course taking place over three weeks in three scheduled, one-hour sessions. Practicals are completed offline in your own time. It is also available as an in-person half-day training session in Cambridge, scheduled for 21 October 2020 - see separate event listing.
Commercial Patent Search and Analysis (Online 2020)
- Types of commercial patent search
- Competitive intelligence
- Company name searching
- Monitoring competitors
- Portfolio benchmarking
- Practical session on company search
- Technology landscaping
- Building the data set using classification codes
- Citation searching
- Word searching
- Patent classifications
- Relevancy and categorisation issues
- Practical session on technology search
- Those working in R&D, technology transfer, Intellectual Property managers, strategic business development, and competitive intelligence roles.
- Those who want to develop an understanding of market and technology patent landscaping to uncover past, present and future trends.
- People who want to extend their knowledge of patents, patent information and patent searching.
Cost: £190 + VAT
Training provided by:
Jane List, Extract Information
Stuart Newbold, PSIM
The Cambridge Information and Intellectual Property Meeting (CIIPM) was founded by Jane List and Stuart Newbold. CIIPM hosts an annual meeting and provides training in the IP matters and information search and analysis. The CIIPM annual meeting provides an opportunity for knowledge sharing for those engaged with the commercialisation of technologies using intellectual property, and those needing information to make legal and commercial decisions.