Aimed at anyone who needs to communicate/present with confidence, including technical people and introverts. This course is based around interaction and feedback. By the end of the session delegates will have the confidence to speak in their own character, the ability to write great content and techniques for engaging their audience.
|Dates||15 May 2019 - Download as vCalendar|
|Opening times||9.30am - 5.00pm|
|Cost||£195.00+VAT or 1.3 LC units (members) / £292.50+VAT (non-members)|
|Venue||Eagle Labs, 7-8 Clifton Court, Cherry Hinton Road, CB1 7BN|
|Organiser name||Sarah Gleadell|
|Availability||8 places available.|
|Member price||Non-member price||Please log in or create an account to make your booking. Book Now|
|£195.00+VAT or 1.3 LC units||£292.50+VAT|
The course is all about writing strong material and delivering it in a way that grabs your audience's attention.
This course is interactive and experiential, from a trainer with significant experience in stand-up comedy and computer game development.
The company will see that their staff return from the session armed with tools that make their presentations simple, memorable and easier to deliver, resulting in true confidence.
Who is this for?
Aimed at anyone who needs to communicate/present with confidence, including technical people and introverts.
This course is based around interaction and feedback. By the end of the session delegates will have the confidence to speak in their own character, the ability to write great content and techniques for engaging their audience.
Fantastic, engaging course with practical tips to implement.
- Speaking confidence
- The ability to create great material
By the end of the course, participants will know how to:
- Structure clear, simple material
- Use PowerPoint correctly
- Engage the audience with an effective delivery
- Handle their nerves
- The best way to learn is by doing - everyone speaks in front of the group a few times. I push people gently out of their comfort zone to achieve the maximum benefit.
- I use PowerPoint slides as a loose basis, with demonstrations and discussions of all the techniques
- We deliver the presentations in the afternoon so that delegates can alter their material if necessary, after the morning section.
- I send each delegate my written individual feedback a week later to reinforce what was said in the session. I also email them a sheet of useful general advice and a sheet with a collection of links to relevant resources such as books and TED talks
- The training is based on my stand-up comedy experience - the style is interactive and fun. I believe in being 'present' and giving participants tailored, practical advice in a safe environment
Jon Torrens has worked as a designer at games companies including Sony and Electronic Arts, and as a professional stand-up comic for a few years, so he knows how to engage and motivate. Now, as a coach and speaker, Jon teaches confident communication, using his personal skills to both show and tell. He has delivered communication skills training for Cambridge University and for a variety of tech companies and software developers in Cambridge and London.
Duration: 1 day
Max Delegates: 8
CPD Points: 6.5
Cambridge Network's Learning Collaboration works on behalf of local employers to organise training and management development for their staff. Set up by the Network in conjunction with local HR Directors, our aim is to provide all Cambridge Network members and organisations with improved access to high quality, shared training courses at value-for-money prices.