Connecting emerging Cambridge companies with Chinese investors
As Cambridge experiences unprecedented interest in UK|China investments and business deals, Cambridge China Centre is curating an exclusive pitch event at the Bradfield Centre on the 21st March connecting Chinese investors with emerging and innovative Cambridge and UK-based businesses.
|Dates||21 Mar 2019 - This event is in the past.|
|Opening times||2:00pm - 5:30pm|
|Venue||The Bradfield Centre, 184 Cambridge Science Park Milton Road, Milton, Cambridge CB4 0GA|
Cambridge China Centre would like to hear from Cambridge & UK-based Seed+ to Pre-A round technology companies interested in an exclusive opportunity to pitch their businesses to Chinese Investors. Cambridge China Centre is curating an exclusive event on the afternoon of March 21st at the Bradfield Centre in Cambridge with the aims of bringing Cambridge and UK based businesses and Chinese investors together and encouraging further UK|China collaborations.
This event directly follows the 29th Annual Business Weekly Awards when Cambridge China Centre will present the UK|China Business Award, the first ever in the BW Awards history.
As part of the events surrounding the awards ceremony, Cambridge China Centre will be hosting VIP investors from China and offering them the opportunity to meet with a carefully-selected group of new and innovative UK companies. The Chinese investors are particularly interested in talking to emerging BioTech, IoT, AI and AgriTech companies.
Chinese investors attending the pitch event on the 21st March include：
- TusPark UK - the UK branch of TusPark, the largest innovation ecosystem worldwide (owning over 200 incubators/science parks/science cities), and one of the most successful science and technology investors in China. TusPark UK has presences in Cambridge and Newcastle, offering office/wet lab space and leading Accelerator Programmes that include a range of funding and financial services, incubation, as well as expertise with positioning UK start-ups for entry into the China market.
- Huajin Capital - the investment arm of Zhuhai Huafa group, the largest comprehensive enterprise group in Zhuhai and one of the top 500 Chinese companies and the top 500 Chinese service companies. Huafa Group currently holds four listed companies including Huafa Share, Huajin Capital, Huajin International Capital and Huaguan Technology. Huafa Capital is voted by Zero2IPO as one of “China’s Top 50 PE Firms” in 2017 & 2018.
- Puhua Capital - one of the most successful venture capital investment firms in China that focuses on the early and growing Healthcare, Technology and pan-culture companies across China, Europe and the US. During the past 15 years, Puhua Capital has invested in nearly 400 excellent start-ups and helped them grow and succeed with its funds, experiences and strategic resources. Puhua Capital is headquartered in Hangzhou, Zhejiang with offices in Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen and London.
- The Sino-UK Fund - the Sino-UK Fund is a new equity investment fund set up to finance market entry and development for UK companies seeking to access the China market. The Sino-UK Fund focuses on medtech, biotech, cleantech and agritech.
- More investor names to be revealed soon...
- Joining the panellists are China experts, Jinzhao Li (Founder and Director of Cambridge China Centre) and Ting Zhang (Founder and CEO of Crayfish.io).
We facilitate interaction and collaboration between members, driving long-term UK|China business relationships from Cambridge, the core of UK innovation and research.