Dealing with Difficult Behaviour - I'm not crazy, I'm just not you!
It is said that ‘variety is the spice of life’ but sometimes the range and diversity of people we come across can be really challenging
|Dates||5 Oct 2017 - This event is in the past.|
|Opening times||09:30 - 17:00|
|Venue||Eagle Labs, 7-8 Clifton Court, Cherry Hinton Road, CB1 7BN|
|Organiser name||Sarah L Gleadell|
|Availability||12 places available.|
It is said that ‘variety is the spice of life’ but sometimes the range and diversity of people we come across can be really challenging. As colleagues and professionals we all have to work with each other and the rewards for doing so are clear, but it can require real understanding and skills to make working with some people a
You will learn about:
• The key personality traits and preferences – different or wrong?
• Behavioural flexibility – what it is and how to do it
• Hold up the mirror – self awareness first – is it me?
• Approaches you can take to help
• Behaviours which don’t help
• Strategies to take for typical examples
• The role of feedback, coaching and support
• Peer coaching discussions around particular concerns
Who should attend
Managers and team leaders at all levels who wish to extend their approach and understanding when dealing with the challenges of difficult people, so the outcomes can be more effective.
• Typical difficult people examples we face
• Key personality traits and preferences
• My style and preferences?
• Going for a Win/ win - approaches we can take / avoid
• Role of feedback, coaching and support
• Strategies for typical examples
• Particular concerns shared
• Personal Actions
Cambridge Network's Learning Collaboration works on behalf of local employers to organise training and management development for their staff. Set up by the Network in conjunction with local HR Directors, our aim is to provide all Cambridge Network members and organisations with improved access to high quality, shared training courses at value-for-money prices.