Not all conversations are easy, some make us feel very uncomfortable. For example: asking for something personal, giving a response that we know the other person won’t like, broaching a sensitive issue, talking about something which raises strong emotions, giving unwanted feedback etc.
Difficult Conversations [a Cambridge Network Course]
This workshop explores these conversations, why they feel difficult and provides skills and techniques for handling them effectively.
Who should attend
This workshop is relevant for those who have to face difficult conversations as part of their job, wish to tackle conversations that they may have so far avoided, or wish to enhance their skills at handling any difficult conversation.
- What makes a difficult conversation
- The human process: personal differences and influences
- Emotions and how they influence behaviour and communication
- Recognising triggers and harnessing the unbiased neutral stance
- Verbal & non-verbal influences and maximising positive influence
- Listening, exploring and steering conversations
- Handling questions, objections and concerns
- Planning and practicing for confidence
|Duration: 5 hours||Credits: 1.2|
|Times: 10.30am - 3.30pm||Member Cost: £185+VAT|
|Max. Delegates: 12||Non-member Cost: £278+VAT|
Eloquential specialises in the art and science of effective communication. Our support is often identified within three areas: public speaking, public engagement and public presence. We offer consultancy support for specific events, coaching, training for skills development and tutoring towards communication and performance qualifications.