The EU has proposed a new regulation that will dramatically increase legal requirements relating to digital risk in finance, with significant implications for the use of Information, Communication & Technology (ICT) by financial services firms in the EU. The proposals will also have a significant impact on ICT service providers, as a result of additional indirect compliance requirements and the proposed regime for direct regulatory oversight of certain ICT providers designated as 'critical' to EU financial entities.
Digital operational resilience in financial services
You're invited to a webinar to explore the proposals. This webinar will be relevant to EU financial services firms and their ICT service providers and will discuss the potential impacts relating to:
- The extensive ICT risk management and governance requirements on firms.
- ICT-related incident reporting and management, and implications for cyber risk.
- Third-party ICT risk and the regime for direct regulatory oversight of certain 'critical' ICT third-party service providers.
- How the proposals compare to the FCA's and PRA's proposals on operational resilience.
- What firms and ICT service providers can do now to prepare.
Taylor Wessing is a full-service international law firm, working with clients in the world’s most dynamic industries. We take a single-minded approach to advising our clients, helping them succeed by thinking innovatively about their business issues. We support clients wherever they want to do business. The firm has a sector focus with experts in technology, media and communications, life sciences and private