Join us and learn the most important, tried and trusted techniques for crafting engaging and persuasive copy. This course is built around the established rules of copywriting backed up by your tutor’s extensive practical experience.
Essential Copywriting Training - Open and in-house courses
Do you want to increase the number of sales and enquiries generated by your sales emails, letters, brochures, adverts or website? If so, our Essential Copywriting training course could provide the boost your copywriting needs.
In a supportive, interactive atmosphere, the workshop offers aspiring copywriters an introduction to the established rules of copywriting, as well as confidence boosting tips on using creativity, style and personality. You'll get a chance to swap ideas with other copywriters from different sectors and backgrounds, as well as receiving advice and feedback from our expert trainer.
You'll learn how to:
- Plan your copywriting, starting with a blank page
- How to identify and think about your audience’s characteristics and needs
- The 8 golden rules – from thinking from the audience’s point of view to goal setting
- How to grab readers’ attention
- How to choose between long and short copy
- How to write punchy headlines across a range of formats
- 10 top tips for making your copy more compelling
- Understand and use the WIIFM acronym to focus on your readers’ psychology
- How and when to deploy ‘the call to action’ appropriately
- Proofreading skills
- How to vary tactics for the web, in sales emails and in brochures
- How to overcome writer’s block
The course takes place in St Pancras, and costs £495+VAT for the first delegate, with discounts available for multiple bookings.
The course is also available in-house, anywhere in the UK.
Full details and a booking form can be found on our website.
We are a boutique learning consultancy specialising in designing and delivering tailored people-focused training in leadership, communication and workplace wellbeing.
We work extensively in and around Cambridge as well as across the UK and in Europe and the US, with clients across the scientific, private and public sectors. Popular programmes include:
Leadership and management training for scientists
Mental health awareness
Workplace communication skills
Handing difficult conversations
… and much more.