Breakfast Networking: The GDPR’s impact on organisations
To support Cambridge-based organisations in initiating their GDPR compliance projects, IT Governance will be here to discuss the impact of the Regulation and provide a practical step-by-step approach to achieving compliance.
|Dates||22 Mar 2018 - Download as vCalendar|
|Opening times||8.00am - 10.00am|
|Cost||£15.00+VAT (members) / £25.00+VAT (non-members)|
|Venue||Hauser Forum, 3 Charles Babbage Road, CB3 0GT|
|Organiser name||Sara Baxter|
|Member price||Non-member price||Please log in or create an account to make your booking. Book Now|
As we near the EU General Data Protection Regulation compliance deadline, companies need to create a shift in organisational culture to better support business objectives and tackle bad security habits. To support Cambridge-based organisations in initiating their GDPR compliance projects, IT Governance will be here to discuss the impact of the Regulation and provide a practical step-by-step approach to achieving compliance.
This briefing will provide an overview of:
- The impact of the GDPR on organisations and the regulatory landscape;
- Accountability under the GDPR and breach notification procedures;
- The responsibilities of controllers and processors under the GDPR;
- Data subject access requests and changes to consent; and
- The practical steps to initiating a GDPR compliance project.
Presenter: Alan Calder, founder and executive chairman of IT Governance
- 8:00 am – Registration and networking over breakfast
- 8:30 am – Talk and Q&A: GDPR – what you need to do now!
- 9:30 am – Further networking
- 10:00 am – Event close
Any Cambridge Network member may attend, there is a small charge of £15+VAT for members. Register by clicking on 'Book Now’. Please log in first using the link at the top of this website where you should be recognised as a current member.
If you would like to hear about other events we run for both members/non-members please sign up to our events mailings!
Cambridge Network is a membership organisation based in the vibrant high technology cluster of Cambridge, UK. We bring people together - from business and academia - to meet each other and share ideas, encouraging collaboration and partnership for shared success.