Practical sessions to help exporting businesses in the East of England prepare for Brexit.
Get ready for Brexit, Ely
Join the Department for International Trade in the East of England for a lunch session to discuss how to best prepare your business for Brexit.
During the session you will hear from Jim Fanshawe of Your Export Department, who has a wealth of international experience from working for UK Trade & Investment and other commercial organisations, and have the opportunity to speak with local partners during the networking lunch
When and where?
We are hosting 10 Get ready for Brexit workshops across the East region, each running from 11:30 - 13:30 followed by a networking lunch. Find your local event below:
- 17th September: Cromwell Hotel, Stevenage, SG1 3AZ
- 18th September: Elton Furze Golf Club, Peterborough, PE7 3TT
- 24th September: Wyboston Lakes, Wyboston, MK44 3AL
- 26th September: The Apex, Bury St Edmunds, IP33 3FD
- 1st October: Dunston Hall, Norwich, NR14 8PQ
- 2nd October: Mulberry House, High Ongar (nr. Chelmsford), CM5 9NL
- 9th October: Fielder Centre, Hatfield, AL10 9TP
- 10th October: Poets House, Ely, CB7 4EY
- 17th October: Lynford Hall, Thetford, IP26 5HW
- 23rd October: Colchester Football Club, Colchester, CO4 5UP
What will I learn?
You will leave the event with information on how to create an action plan covering:
- Paperwork needed to continue exporting
- Impact to supply chains
- Changes to regulations and contracts
- Where to find tariff information, commodity codes and duty rates
- What you might need to speak to customers and employees about
- Moving goods across borders
- Business travel to the EU
- Providing services to EU clients
- How to treat personal data
Who is this event for?
All exporting businesses, particularly those exporting to the EU. There are several similar events running across the country- you can see the full list here.
Please note places are limited and offered on a first come, first served basis. Registration is required.
For more information contact: email@example.com
The Department for International Trade (DIT), is the government department responsible for helping UK companies do more business overseas. We are responsible for promoting British trade across the world and ensuring the UK takes advantage of the huge opportunities open to us.