The primary objective of this full day Word training course is to broaden your knowledge, so that you can increase your productivity. Discover hidden tools that can help you save time and streamline your workday!
Hands-on MS Word - Intermediate/Advanced (Also available as a programme of short virtual sessions)
You will be encouraged to discuss your individual requirements relevant to your work.
(Also available as a programme of short virtual sessions)
Take editing and formatting beyond the basics
- Replace formatting and special characters using advanced search options
- Reveal, amend and clear formatting in a document
- Organise information by splitting text into columns
- Create and format columns using tables
- Save time formatting a table using predefined Styles
- Apply customized formatting to a table
- Learn different techniques to insert and delete rows/columns in a table
- Enhance the appearance of a table
- Convert ordinary text to a table
- Create and modify newsletter-style columns
Maintain consistency using Styles
- Save time by applying Styles to text
- Modify a Style for the current document
- Create your own custom Styles
- Protect your document by setting formatting and editing restrictions
- Navigate through a long document containing Styles
- Create a table of contents based on Styles
Work with long documents
- Specify different page layouts by inserting Section Breaks
- Create different headers and footers for sections
- Add page numbers and reset the number format
- Identify the status of a document by adding a watermark
- Refer to text such as headings and numbered lists using cross-references
- Create an index, listing keywords along with the page numbers
- Add visual interest using pictures, charts and SmartArt
- Create a list of cross-references to pictures, charts and SmartArt
Collaborate with other Word users
- Track changes in a document
- Add a note about a part in the document using Comments
- Respond to proposed changes and Comments
- Compare and merge revised copies of a document
Build custom forms and templates
- Restrict what changes people can make on a form
Time-saving hints and tips
- Automate repetitive tasks using macros
- Create your own toolbar containing functions you most frequently use
- Stop wondering "How did you do that?" and "What's that for?"
- Top ten time-saving shortcuts
This course outline is a guide. All our courses can be tailored to customer requirements.
This course is aimed at anyone who uses Word and wants to benefit from its overlooked and underused features and increase their productivity. Discover hidden tools that can help you save time and streamline your workday!
Delegates should be familiar with the basics of Word, either from attending our Introduction Course or knowledge gained from their own experience.
£240 (including VAT). 10% discount for Cambridge Network members.
Highly respected training company, specialising in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. Since 2001 we have successfully developed and delivered training courses for public and private clients, large and small, across 23 countries around the world. We feel passionate about sharing the best of what we know with others and strive to help as many people as we can.