Improving Personal Impact & Influence
Have you left meetings wishing that you had spoken out or had a greater share of the airtime? A recognition that people are different and how can I adapt my style of communication to better connect with others. I need a consistently effective model of influence that I can deploy when needed.
|Dates||14 Mar 2019 - This event is in the past.|
|Opening times||90:30am - 5:00pm|
|Venue||Eagle Labs, 7-8 Clifton Court, Cherry Hinton Road, CB1 7BN|
|Organiser name||Sarah Gleadell|
Have you left meetings wishing that you had spoken out or had a greater share of the airtime? Recognising that people are different, have you wondered how you can adapt your style of communication to better connect with others? Learn a consistently effective model of influence that you can deploy when needed.
Influence is a key skill for anyone working in modern, matrix organisations. Often a perceived lack of influence leads to deep dissatisfaction in the workplace and beyond. This workshop uses the proven Insights Discovery profile to help classify self and co-workers and to accurately define practical techniques for influencing them. Several discussions and practical activities form the day, leading to stakeholder mapping and action planning.
The workshop provides a new perspective on communication and influence in the workplace and a simple model enabling attendees to adapt their communication style to better connect with a wider group of colleagues.
- To understand how our personality type provides a range of communication strengths and potential weaknesses.
- To provide a range of approaches to enable us to better connect and influence a greater range of stakeholder and colleagues.
The workshop is a full day, with a small amount of preparatory work and involves:
- Short inputs, covering the science and theory, techniques and tools.
- Reflection, discussion and practice sessions of increasing intensity and challenge, incorporating peer coaching and feedback, and wherever possible working with real situations.
- Content is drawn from a variety of sources, including Jungian psychology and the Insights Discovery psychometric.
- Introductions, overview, hopes and expectations.
- An interactive exercise introducing the Insights model.
- How the different personality types approach organisation problems.
- An exploration of the strengths and weaknesses of the Insights types.
- Input on influencing techniques.
Adapting Influencing Style
- Putting the theory into practice.
- A role-play exploring how styles can be adapted to improve impact and influence.
- Individual reflection to identify what you would like to work on.
- Pair/trio work to generate ideas for overcoming the barriers.
- Action planning.
Follow up coaching
The one-day workshop will be followed by a one-hour individual coaching session, building on the action plan prepared by each attendee.
|Duration: 1 Day||Member Cost: £495.00+VAT|
|Max. Delegates: 12||Non-member Cost: £742.00+VAT|
|CPD Points: 6.5||Credits: 3.3|
Cambridge Network's Learning Collaboration works on behalf of local employers to organise training and management development for their staff. Set up by the Network in conjunction with local HR Directors, our aim is to provide all Cambridge Network members and organisations with improved access to high quality, shared training courses at value-for-money prices.