Successful recruitment is about finding the right person for the job. This means finding the person who has that unique mixture of first-class abilities and is a good cultural fit.
Interviewing Skills [a Cambridge Network Course]
Although simple enough it is often challenging to select the right candidate, especially in a competitive market.
This workshop is designed to equip anyone involved in the interviewing and selection process with a range of skills and techniques they can use to conduct recruitment interviews which are effective, within the law and fits with your company culture.
This programme will enable delegates to:
- Use effectively behavioural, competency-based interviewing - where the most reliable
- Indicator of future performance is evidence of past behaviour
- Identify the essential criteria and experience you require with the job and person specification and to evaluate if the candidate meets this
- Establish what to look for in a CV - highlighting areas that need clarification at the interview
- Prepare for and structure the interview and manage the time available
- Identify what questions to ask to understand the candidate’s experience and get them talking
- Sell your organisation’s benefits and on-board the right person quickly
- Work within the legal framework – things you can / can’t ask and the legal pitfalls to avoid
- Managing bias
- Manage ‘tricky’ questions that the candidate might ask
- Give your feedback after the interview, including your recommendation on hiring
Who should attend?
- All people who are involved at any stage of the interviewing and selection process
- Those managers who are out of practice and require a refresher to their interviewing skills
- Younger managers and employees who are likely to be involved at a future stage as an observer or additional assessor
Course Structure and Methodology
A set of slides are provided to delegates as a ‘take away’ some of which are for further background reading as the actual course delivery is provided through:
- Facilitated discussion and Q&A
- Slide content and walk through of best practice and tips
- Group and facilitator feedback on specific leadership qualities
|Duration: 1 Day||Credits: 2.1||
Cambridge Network Learning Collaboration Course
|CPD Points: 6.5||Member Cost: £315+VAT|
|Max. Delegates: 12||Non-member Cost: £473+VAT|
Consultancy: design and delivery of people and organisation development solutions in areas of management and leadership, teams, sales, project management and interpersonal skills.