Managing People for the First Time [a Cambridge Network Course]
By the end of the workshop you will be able to:
- Describe the qualities of a successful supervisor/first line manager
- Describe the key functions of a first line management role
- Understand the interpersonal skills needed to be an effective manager
- Plan and structure management of others
- Draw up SMART objectives
- Use a structured approach to problem solving
- Understand what makes an effective
- The Role of the Manager
- Key responsibilities - the task, the team & the individual
- Defining objectives and prioritising work
- Writing SMART goals
Developing Your Interpersonal Skills
- A structured approach to solving problems
Managing the Team
- What makes a good team
- Managing different personalities
- Team effectiveness review
I offer learning for business performance and personal growth. I help people to be positive, productive, enjoy work and stay healthy. During the 16 years that I have run my own business I have trained over 7,000 people, run numerous leadership development programmes, facilitated a wide variety of workshops and have successfully coached many more people one-to-one and in teams.
My areas of expertise and interest includes resilience & wellbeing, team & leadership development, coaching, facilitation and effective communication.
Industry experience includes - technology (IT, engineering, scientific & biotechnology), healthcare, legal, publishing and recruitment.