Managing People for the First Time
Taking a supervisory role is the first step into management - an exciting but often challenging move. This one day workshop covers all the essential skills that you will need to ensure that you feel confident to carry out this role effectively.
|Dates||20 Nov 2019 - Download as vCalendar|
|Cost||£270.00+VAT or 1.8 LC units (members) / £405.00+VAT (non-members)|
|Venue||Eagle Labs, 7-8 Clifton Court, Cherry Hinton Road, CB1 7BN|
|Organiser name||Sarah Gleadell|
|Availability||12 places available.|
|Member price||Non-member price||Please log in or create an account to make your booking. Book Now|
|£270.00+VAT or 1.8 LC units||£405.00+VAT|
Taking a supervisory role is the first step into management - an exciting but often challenging move.
This one-day workshop covers all the essential skills that you will need to ensure that you feel confident to carry out the role effectively.
By the end of the workshop you will be able to:
- Describe the qualities of a successful supervisor/first line manager
- Describe the key functions of a first line management role
- Understand the interpersonal skills needed to be an effective manager
- Plan and structure management of others
- Draw up SMART objectives
- Use a structured approach to problem solving
- Understand what makes an effective
"You can't get enough of this - the amount of experience in the room means there's a good chance of a resolution being present."
- The Role of the Manager
- Key responsibilities - the task, the team & the individual
- Defining objectives and prioritising work
- Writing SMART goals
Developing Your Interpersonal Skills
- A structured approach to solving problems
Managing the Team
- What makes a good team
- Managing different personalities
- Team effectiveness review
Duration: 1 day
Max Delegates: 12
CPD Points: 6.5
Cambridge Network's Learning Collaboration works on behalf of local employers to organise training and management development for their staff. Set up by the Network in conjunction with local HR Directors, our aim is to provide all Cambridge Network members and organisations with improved access to high quality, shared training courses at value-for-money prices.