Roem Ltd - software training and support - Microsoft PowerPoint - Intermediate (Affordable, guaranteed to run and fun!)
Want to transform your presentations into a powerful means of communication? Then come along to this full day PowerPoint course. In this course, you will learn how to enhance presentations with with features that will transform basic presentations into a powerful means of communication.
|Dates||9 Jul 2018 - Download as vCalendar|
|Opening times||09:30 - 16:30|
|Venue||Sun House, 23 Queen Edith's Way, Cambridge CB1 7PH|
|Organiser name||Roem Limited|
If you are familiar with the basics of creating a presentation and you are able to convey information effectively in a simple way, you are probably aware that static content in a presentation will not keep your audience interested. In this course, you will learn how to enhance presentations with features that will transform basic presentations into a powerful means of communication.
Using data from other applications
- what is object linking and embedding?
- adding a Microsoft Office Word table to a slide
- adding a Microsoft Office Excel chart to a slide
Creating an organization chart
- setting up an organization chart
- reformatting an organization chart
- additional diagram dialog box options
Adding special effects to text
- creating a WordArt text block
- using the font and paragraph groups to enhance text
- using the format painter to copy text attributes
Working with shapes
- stacking shapes
- changing the level of a shape
- applying a transparent fill color to a shape
- grouping shapes
- aligning shapes
- connecting shapes
- creating a three-dimensional shape
Including sounds and movies in a presentation
- inserting a sound clip into a slide
- inserting a movie clip into a slide
- playing a sound clip and movie clip in a slide show
Intermediate slide show techniques
- manually branching to a specific slide in a slide show
- creating a hyperlink branch to a specific slide
- adding animation effects to slides
- adding timings to slides
- creating a custom slide show
Working with other PowerPoint users
- including comments in a presentation
- displaying comments in a presentation
- finalizing a presentation
- distributing a presentation for review
Additional Intermediate PowerPoint features
- importing an outline document into PowerPoint
- applying a custom background to slides
- using the proofing options
- previewing and saving a presentation as a web page
- applying multiple themes to a presentation
- saving a presentation for use on another computer
Price: £197 (+VAT)
(10% discount for Cambridge Network members)
The price includes a handout with exercise files for you to work through and take away, as well as one month post course advice.
The maximum class size is 4, providing computer training in a friendly, non-threatening atmosphere. You will be led through each topic and there will be plenty of opportunity for hands-on exercises, questions and individual support.
About Roem Limited
Karen Roem founded Roem Limited in 2001, aiming to bring innovation and imagination into an area that can often be perceived as dry. As the many course participants who have benefited from Roem training since then can testify, she has succeeded. The company is now a highly respected independent provider of one-to-one and group training courses for Microsoft Office and Windows.
(The Institute of IT Training - now known as the Learning and Performance Institute - has "commended ... the excellent work that Roem Ltd is carrying out".)
Independent, innovative software training company based in Cambridge. Registered supplier to the University of Cambridge, Illumina and NHS England.