Presentation Skills: Introduction
This workshop is designed for individuals who have little or no experience of presenting. The workshop provides a safe and supportive environment for individuals to practice skills and gain confidence in their presentation ability.
|Dates||6 Feb 2019 - This event is in the past.|
|Opening times||09:30am - 5:00pm|
|Venue||Eagle Labs, 7-8 Clifton Court, Cherry Hinton Road, CB1 7BN|
|Organiser name||Sarah Gleadell|
|Availability||4 places available.|
By the end of the workshop delegates will be able to prepare, create and deliver a presentation with confidence.
- Understand stress, it’s effects and coping strategies
- Gain skills to look and sound confident even under stress
- Create, structure and bring to life effective content
- Develop and use prompts to depend on during the presentation
- Welcome and introductions
- Stress, nerves and false expectations. Why we are our own worst enemy and how to change that.
- Preparing to present – getting the mindset right from the start
- The art and science of looking and sounding confident – techniques to mask your nerves
- Quick and easy structuring methods
- Making the content enjoyable for you and the audience
- Creating prompts that you can rely on
- Preparing for the worst: strategies to cope with any situation and still look confident
Maximum number of delegates: 8
Cambridge Networks’ Learning Collaboration:Your Trusted Partner for Learning & Growth
CPD Points: 6.5
Cambridge Network Learning Collaboration is a certified CPD points provider for CPD training registered and certified with THE CPD STANDARDS OFFICE
Cambridge Network's Learning Collaboration works on behalf of local employers to organise training and management development for their staff. Set up by the Network in conjunction with local HR Directors, our aim is to provide all Cambridge Network members and organisations with improved access to high quality, shared training courses at value-for-money prices.