Microsoft Word is a widely used and powerful word-processing package. The primary objective of this one-day Intermediate/Advanced module, which contains the most popular topics from the Intermediate and Advanced training, is to broaden your knowledge of Word and to benefit from its overlooked and underused features in order to increase your productivity. You will be encouraged to discuss your individual requirements relevant to your work.
Roem Ltd - Microsoft Word - Intermediate/Advanced (Also available as hands-on virtual training.)
Take editing and formatting beyond the basics
- Replace formatting and special characters using advanced search options
- Reveal, amend and clear formatting in a document
- Organise information by splitting text into columns
- Create and format columns using tables
- Save time formatting a table using predefined Styles
- Apply customized formatting to a table
- Learn different techniques to insert and delete rows/columns in a table
- Enhance the appearance of a table
- Convert ordinary text to a table
- Create and modify newsletter-style columns
Maintain consistency using Styles
- Save time by applying Styles to text
- Modify a Style for the current document
- Create your own custom Styles
- Protect your document by setting formatting and editing restrictions
- Navigate through a long document containing Styles
- Create a table of contents based on Styles
Work with long documents
- Specify different page layouts by inserting Section Breaks
- Create different headers and footers for sections
- Add page numbers and reset the number format
- Identify the status of a document by adding a watermark
- Refer to text such as headings and numbered lists using cross-references
- Create an index, listing keywords along with the page numbers
- Add visual interest using pictures, charts and SmartArt
- Create a list of cross-references to pictures, charts and SmartArt
Collaborate with other Word users
- Track changes in a document
- Add a note about a part in the document using Comments
- Respond to proposed changes and Comments
- Compare and merge revised copies of a document
Build custom forms and templates
- Restrict what changes people can make on a form
Time-saving hints and tips
- Automate repetitive tasks using macros
- Create your own toolbar containing functions you most frequently use
- Stop wondering "How did you do that?" and "What's that for?"
- Top ten time-saving shortcuts
This course outline is a guide. All our courses can be tailored to customer requirements.
This course is aimed at anyone who uses Word and wants to benefit from its overlooked and underused features and increase their productivity. Discover hidden tools that can help you save time and streamline your workday!
Delegates should be familiar with the basics of Word, either from attending our Introduction Course or knowledge gained from their own experience.
Highly respected computer software training company based in Cambridge. Registered supplier to local companies such as AstraZeneca, University of Cambridge, South Cambridgeshire District Council and NHS England.