Due to the unfolding Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, we will be temporarily suspending all training at our premises in Cambridge. Following the latest guidance from the government the measures will last for three weeks from 23 March, before being reviewed. When the time is right, we look forward to welcoming you back at the sun house
Roem Ltd: Software training and support - Microsoft Excel - Advanced training (Affordable, guaranteed to run and fun!)
Microsoft Excel is a widely used, powerful spreadsheet package. The primary objective of this one-day Advanced course is to broaden your knowledge of Excel. This practical course allows you to investigate the more powerful and advanced features of Excel. You will be encouraged to discuss your individual requirements relevant to your work.
By the end of the course you will be competent with the following skills:
Advanced data entry and formatting techniques
- restricting cell entries to specific numbers, dates or times
- restricting cell entries to specific entries in a list
- creating a custom number format
- applying conditional formatting to a worksheet
- defining a range name
- using a range name in a formula
- selecting a named range
Using advanced functions
- using the VLOOKUP function, using the HLOOKUP function
- using the DSUM and DAVERAGE functions
Creating a custom workbook template
- creating a new workbook template
- modifying the default workbook template style
- basing a new workbook on a custom workbook template
Auditing a worksheet
- tracing precedents and dependents in a worksheet
- tracing errors in a worksheet, watch and evaluate formulas
Linking multiple workbooks
- entering a formula to link multiple workbooks
- creating a workspace
Filtering and summarizing worksheet data
- adding subtotals to a list
- applying an advanced filter to a list, outlining a worksheet
Analyzing worksheet data
- creating a pivottable report
- resetting the summary function in a pivottable report
- creating a pivotchart report , creating and displaying a scenario
- using the analysis toolpak, using solver
Working with other Excel users
- tracking changes in a workbook
- responding to proposed changes and comments in a workbook
- protecting a shared workbook, protecting an unshared workbook
Additional advanced Excel features
- using the data consolidation feature
- adding a trendline to a chart, format charts and graphics
- manage workbook properties, modify Excel default settings
This course outline is a guide. All our courses can be tailored to customer requirements.
Anyone wishing to investigate the more powerful and advanced features of Excel.
Delegates should be familiar with the basic features of Excel, and should have some experience of the topics covered in our Introduction and Intermediate Courses, either from attending these courses or by knowledge gained from their own experience.
Price: £225 + VAT (10% discount for Cambridge Network members)
Once payment is received the course is guaranteed to run!
Highly respected computer software training company based in Cambridge. Registered supplier to local companies such as AstraZeneca, University of Cambridge, South Cambridgeshire District Council and NHS England.