Are you or is most of your staff "self taught" and are you wondering whether you get the most out of Microsoft Word? Then come along to our full day Word intermediate course and learn new tricks, tips and shortcuts that you would never have found on your own. Small class size for greater attention. Guaranteed to run!
Roem Ltd - software training and support - Microsoft Word - Intermediate (Affordable, guaranteed to run and fun!)
Microsoft® Word® Intermediate - course outline
Microsoft Word is a widely used and powerful word-processing package. The primary objective of this one-day Intermediate course is to broaden your knowledge of Word and to appreciate the full potential of Word. You will be encouraged to discuss your individual requirements relevant to your work. By the end of the course you will be competent with the following skills:
Intermediate editing and formatting techniques
- finding and replacing formatting and special characters in a document
- adding special effects to text
- entering hidden text into a document
- adjusting character spacing in a document
- creating a multiple-section document
- revealing and clearing formatting in a document
Setting up a table
- inserting a table in a document
- formatting a table
- inserting and deleting rows/columns in a table
- converting text to a table
- using the table styles in the design tab
Setting up multiple-column documents
- creating parallel columns in a document
- creating newsletter-style columns in a document
- editing and restructuring newsletter-style columns
Creating charts and diagrams
- inserting a chart into a document
- modifying a chart
- inserting a diagram into a document
- applying styles to text
- modifying a style for the current document
- using list and table styles
Setting up an outline document
- formatting a document for outline view
- working in outline view
Producing a report
- adding a border and shading to text
- adding a header/footer to a document
- adding page numbers to a document
- printing specific pages of a document
Collaborating with other word users
- tracking changes in a document
- inserting comments into a document
- responding to proposed changes and comments in a document
- merging revised copies of a document
- distributing a document for review via e-mail
Additional Intermediate Word features
- inserting a picture into a document
- creating a drawing in a document
- inserting a hyperlink into a document
- creating a blog
- splitting the document window/opening a new document window
This course outline is a guide. All our courses can be tailored to customer requirements.
This course is aimed at anyone who has some experience of Word and wishes to examine some of the more advanced features.
Delegates should be familiar with the basics of Word, either from attending our Introduction Course or knowledge gained from their own experience.
Price: £197 (+VAT)
(10% discount for Cambridge Network members)
The price includes a handout with a USB stick packed with exercise files for you to work through and take away, as well as one month post course advice.
The maximum class size is four, providing computer training in a friendly, non-threatening atmosphere. You will be led through each topic and there will be plenty of opportunity for hands-on exercises, questions and individual support.
Independent, innovative software training company based in Cambridge. Registered supplier to local companies such as AstraZeneca, University of Cambridge, South Cambridgeshire District Council and NHS England.