Microsoft Word is a widely used and powerful word-processing package. The primary objective of this one-day Introduction course is to familiarise you with the basic operations of Word. This extremely practical course will provide hands-on experience of many of the features found in this product to create and alter simple documents.
Roem Ltd - software training and support - Microsoft Word - Introduction (Affordable, guaranteed to run and fun!)
Microsoft® Word® Introduction - course outline
Microsoft Word is a widely used and powerful word-processing package. The primary objective of this one-day Introduction course is to familiarise you with the basic operations of Word. This extremely practical course will provide hands-on experience of many of the features found in this product to create and alter simple documents. By the end of the course you will be competent with the following skills:
- starting Word, the Word application window
- using the Word menu system
- using the Microsoft Office button, using the quick access toolbar
- displaying help information
- exiting from Word
Creating a document
- resetting the working folder
- entering text into a document, saving a document
- examining document properties, printing a document
- closing a file
Editing a document (Part 1)
- reopening a file
- moving the insertion point within a document / selecting text
- inserting the current date and time into a document
- inserting text into a document/deleting text from a document
- reversing an edit operation
Editing a document (Part 2)
- finding text in a document
- finding and replacing text in a document, moving a text block
- copying a text block, changing the zoom level of a document
- displaying a document in full-screen mode
Formatting a document (Part 1)
- applying attributes to text, applying a new font and font size to text
- simultaneously applying multiple font options to text
- indenting a paragraph, formatting existing text
- resetting line and paragraph spacing in a document
- resetting paragraph alignment in a document
Formatting a document (Part 2)
- resetting the margins of a document
- resetting the page orientation for a document
- setting and clearing tab stops in a document
- using decimal tab stops
- creating a bulleted/numbered list
- inserting a hard page break/creating a multiple-page document
Using Word's writing tools
- using the spelling and grammar checker, using the thesaurus
- using the translation dictionary, defining and inserting an autotext entry
- customizing the autocorrect dictionary
Additional Word features
- using a Word template to create a document
- inserting symbols and special characters into a document
- printing an envelope and a label
- saving a document as a web page
- using full screen reading view
This course outline is a guide. All our courses can be tailored to customer requirements.
This course is aimed at new or recent users of Word.
Delegates should be familiar with the Windows operating system, either from attending a Windows Introduction Course or knowledge gained from their own experience. No knowledge of Word is expected.
Price: £197 (+VAT)
(10% discount for Cambridge Network members)
The price includes a handout with exercise files for you to work through and take away, as well as one month post course advice.
The maximum class size is 4, providing computer training in a friendly, non-threatening atmosphere. You will be led through each topic and there will be plenty of opportunity for hands-on exercises, questions and individual support.
Independent, innovative software training company based in Cambridge. Registered supplier to local companies such as AstraZeneca, University of Cambridge, South Cambridgeshire District Council and NHS England.